Not open for further replies.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Of course, that won’t matter to any of you. You guys will continue to believe every statement that every player makes, no matter how ridiculous and obviously false it is, as long as it paints the Iowa program in a negative light.
"There's been a systematic issue there. Whether they've known about it, or whether or not how deep these accusations are, there are truths to all of them," former wide receiver Marvin McNutt said."
You calling Marvin McNutt a liar?

Ope

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Actually, that’s now Jordan Lomax and James Daniels (who started this entire movement) claiming that some of these stories are BS and/or sensationalized. We also have the former players on the Washed Up Walkons podcast claiming many of these stories are exaggerated or completely fabricated, and that multiple black players have reached out to them and thanked them for calling out some of the BS stories.

Of course, that won’t matter to any of you. You guys will continue to believe every statement that every player makes, no matter how ridiculous and obviously false it is, as long as it paints the Iowa program in a negative light.
So again, you missed the mark, per usual. There are 60+ allegations against the program and only a handful MIGHT BE sensationalized. Even if it's say 50% (which it's not), that still leaves 30+ allegations. You're gonna sit there and say you're good with that lol?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Interesting quote from Jordan Lomax (a former black player) in The Athletic today:

“I don’t want to discredit any stories. What I will say is that, to me personally, I feel like some of them have been sensationalized, and there is some ulterior motive behind it...I think there are players that are capitalizing on the moment. I don’t know if it’s to seek some monetary gain or what is behind it.”

Picking a couple peanuts out of a huge pile of ****. Fitting work.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Brodie0 thinks ESPN is controlled by Cyclones. As is CBSSports, USA Today, Bleacher Reports, HawkeyeNation, Globe Gazzette, Football Scoop, etc.

They can't comprehend anything beyond the lens of the CyHawk rivalry.

Remember the discrimination lawsuit? Jane Meyer only won her case because the head juror was an ISU grad. That was a serious narrative floating around Hawk social media.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
The reason all these Iowa fans are still supporting Kirk, is because he is one of them. He is an old, white, vanilla, boring, Boomer, who doesn't understand what the problem is. So many people think that racism is burning crosses or segregated water fountains, when in fact it is allot more about respecting different cultures.

Kirk and these Iowa fans don't think they are racist because they have never had to see anything from any view that isn't one shared by them and everyone around them. When you surround yourself with everyone that thinks and acts like you, everything is in a vacuum.

kcbob79clone

So again, you missed the mark, per usual. There are 60+ allegations against the program and only a handful MIGHT BE sensationalized. Even if it's say 50% (which it's not), that still leaves 30+ allegations. You're gonna sit there and say you're good with that lol?

And those 30+ must be lying or getting paid, we just don't know about it yet.

Brodie0 is good with anything happening as long as they keep winning. Brodie0 is the worst kind of racist, the one that sees something happening and does nothing.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Interesting quote from Jordan Lomax (a former black player) in The Athletic today:

“I don’t want to discredit any stories. What I will say is that, to me personally, I feel like some of them have been sensationalized, and there is some ulterior motive behind it...I think there are players that are capitalizing on the moment. I don’t know if it’s to seek some monetary gain or what is behind it.”

Go figure, Brodie latching on to one thing in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary as proof it doesn't exist.

Root for your racist program. I don't care. But just be honest about what you are rooting for. Just own it-- "Iowa football is a racist program, but it doesn't bother me, so I'm going to cheer on."

Last edited:
Reactions: kcbob79clone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

You disappeared for two weeks when Howe put out that article and came back with this week stuff? Lol

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Actually, that’s now Jordan Lomax and James Daniels (who started this entire movement) claiming that some of these stories are BS and/or sensationalized. We also have the former players on the Washed Up Walkons podcast claiming many of these stories are exaggerated or completely fabricated, and that multiple black players have reached out to them and thanked them for calling out some of the BS stories.

You mean the washed up walk-ons that make fun of mental illness?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
....... You guys will continue to believe every statement that every player makes, no matter how ridiculous and obviously false it is, as long as it paints the Iowa program in a negative light.

We know we cannot believe every statement made by Capt. Kirk.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
View attachment 73872

All is fine according to the hawk faithful..
If this was a legitimate poll shouldn't I be able to find this on the HH twitter feed? I'm not the most accomplished Twitter user, but I went way back and I don't find anything on that cesspool of a feed.

I was curious as to when that poll was taken. Now I'm convinced that it was fabricated by those idiots.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Siding with the washed up fu** heads is a ballsy move....

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Citing the guys from Washed Up Walkons as authorities for race relations. Are you listening to yourselves?

stender

Jan 26, 2020
I have tried really hard (especially being a ISU grad) to remain objective throughout this entire soap opera. As a teacher/coach, I understand that if you were to poll my students/athletes on me, the results would be positive, negative, and everywhere in between. It's the nature of the beast as an educator.

In this case, it sure seems like Hawk fans are willing to disregard the testimony of 60+ athletes, and only focus on those players (Mycah Hyde for example) who heap nothing but praise. Why do some players have credibility and others don't?

In spite of the continuing negative accounts from former players, I expect nothing to happen. There is too much $$$ involved. KF has too much power, much like Paterno did.

Whatever happens, I am glad to be a Cyclone. Even if KF and the Iowa FB is found not guilty (so to speak), they will never live this down. There will always be a cloud over the program. Hell, some of my Hawk friends still give me crap about Sam Mack!

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

No one is disputing that there were racial issues in the Iowa program. The program has taken steps to address those issues and will continue to take further action going forward. The current players, and many former players, seem to think that Kirk is the right person to lead those changes. That’s good enough for me.

The purpose of bringing up Lomax’s comments is to point out that most of the outlandish stories - the ones that many of you point to in support of your assertions that KF, BF, etc. need to be fired - are sensationalized or flat out fabricated.

kcbob79clone

I have tried really hard (especially being a ISU grad) to remain objective throughout this entire soap opera. As a teacher/coach, I understand that if you were to poll my students/athletes on me, the results would be positive, negative, and everywhere in between. It's the nature of the beast as an educator.

In this case, it sure seems like Hawk fans are willing to disregard the testimony of 60+ athletes, and only focus on those players (Mycah Hyde for example) who heap nothing but praise. Why do some players have credibility and others don't?

In spite of the continuing negative accounts from former players, I expect nothing to happen. There is too much $$$ involved. KF has too much power, much like Paterno did.

Whatever happens, I am glad to be a Cyclone. Even if KF and the Iowa FB is found not guilty (so to speak), they will never live this down. There will always be a cloud over the program. Hell, some of my Hawk friends still give me crap about Sam Mack!

It is our job from now on whenever a HoKKKs troll posts here we ask them if they are OK with supporting a racist athletic department. If we start getting grief from them in public we ask them the same question.

Reactions: aauummm

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Literally no one is doing that.

I just find it comical that after attempts to smear the character of anyone you don't agree with, you use Washed Up Walkons as a source when they very obviously have an agenda to push. It very much falls into your spectrum of credibility:

For Kirk- Truth

Against Kirk- Lies

Status
Not open for further replies.