Not open for further replies.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Who are the smart hok trolls? Seems like they have all weighed in.
To be fair there are some decent/good Iowa posters here who have stayed away for the most part of this thread entirely.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I got a better one. "64 year old white man who oversees a racist culture is allowed to fix his racist culture because he's actually a good man and deserves the chance to."
I seriously can't wrap my head around that train of thought. SOOOO many hawks are willing to die on that hill. That Kirk is a "good man" and he deserves the opportunity "to change". Like wtf are you talking about. He's a good man? The dude fostered and cultivated a culture for TWENTY YEARS that was, at the least, built on bullying and being racially insensitive to people of color. While mind you continuously turning a blind eye, doing the absolute bare minimum when confronted about it, and now lying about it that he ever knew that any of this was going on. None of those things classify as "good man" in my opinion. What an absolute s*** take by these trash hawkeye fans.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Interesting quote from Jordan Lomax (a former black player) in The Athletic today:

“I don’t want to discredit any stories. What I will say is that, to me personally, I feel like some of them have been sensationalized, and there is some ulterior motive behind it...I think there are players that are capitalizing on the moment. I don’t know if it’s to seek some monetary gain or what is behind it.”

kcbob79clone

Interesting quote from Jordan Lomax (a former black player) in The Athletic today:

“I don’t want to discredit any stories. What I will say is that, to me personally, I feel like some of them have been sensationalized, and there is some ulterior motive behind it...I think there are players that are capitalizing on the moment. I don’t know if it’s to seek some monetary gain or what is behind it.”

So Brodio0 is ok with systemic and systematic racism for 20+ years.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

giphy.gif

Reactions: aauummm

kcbob79clone

I would try to ignore that quote if I were you, too. Definitely doesn’t fit the narrative that you guys are pushing over here.

Breaking News: Brodie0 is bad at math - a handful good comments versus what is it 70+ players saying a racist culture existed. Who's trying to push a narrative?

If you don't like the narrative here just leave and never come back.

Reactions: aauummm

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I would try to ignore that quote if I were you, too. Definitely doesn’t fit the narrative that you guys are pushing over here.
It's being ignored by rational people because it's whats known as a statistical outlier. ONE black former player is saying that some people MIGHT be sensationalizing. Meanwhile there is still 60+ players making claims against the Iowa football program. But yes, lets focus one players opinion that says a select few players MIGHT BE sensationalizing

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
It's being ignored by rational people because it's whats known as a statistical outlier. ONE black former player is saying that some people MIGHT be sensationalizing. Meanwhile there is still 60+ players making claims against the Iowa football program. But yes, lets focus one players opinion that says a select few players MIGHT BE sensationalizing

Actually, that’s now Jordan Lomax and James Daniels (who started this entire movement) claiming that some of these stories are BS and/or sensationalized. We also have the former players on the Washed Up Walkons podcast claiming many of these stories are exaggerated or completely fabricated, and that multiple black players have reached out to them and thanked them for calling out some of the BS stories.

Of course, that won’t matter to any of you. You guys will continue to believe every statement that every player makes, no matter how ridiculous and obviously false it is, as long as it paints the Iowa program in a negative light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron