Iowa Football Recruiting

theguru1

Sep 6, 2012
First I'll admit I don't follow women's basketball. At the time I figured he was gone. I think the overwhelming response from former and current players stating Bill is a demanding SOB to everyone that cares about your committment not your race saved him.

The players were white and Bill easily could have use intimidation to coerce them to support him. Like you said he is a SOB. The only fact that’s relevant is that he called a Black player a thug in front of a bunch of white players and according to all the posters that makes him a racist therefore all the fans that support ISU athletes are racist

Reactions: 1776

theguru1

Sep 6, 2012
So now that we established Bill Fennelly is a racist. And ISU is harboring a racist, can everybody that wants Kirk Ferentz fired email pollard?

Last edited:

theguru1

Sep 6, 2012
Mother of gawd. Bill owned it and changed and no other players except 1 made any accusations over his 20 years. Get a grip

So it’s ok to be a racist only once? That is messed up. Wonder how many didn’t speak up. You sound like the guy that only cheated on your wife once.. wink...wink. But it’s ok cause you said you were sorry.

theguru1

Sep 6, 2012
You should start a thread about it and find out where everyone stands.

This thread is better though cause everybody likes to bump it up to the top. Plus it’s relevant cause we are talking about a racist coach and the fans who support him.

theguru1

Sep 6, 2012
Except that wasn’t true. If it had been, the player wouldn’t have settled for such a tiny amount from their original asking price and literally every single player came out in support of him and said that what the former player was claiming wasn’t true

Geez you believe every single white players but refuse to believe one black player. Despite the fact that Bill owed up to it and ISU was forced to settle. I think you might be a racist.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
This thread is better though cause everybody likes to bump it up to the top. Plus it’s relevant cause we are talking about a racist coach and the fans who support him.

This is the kind of wildly stupid argument only Hawk trolls could conjure. The word “thug” itself isn’t explicitly racist. Could it be interpreted that way? Sure. And if it wasn’t based in actual racism your actions over a 20+ year coaching career would show that accusation was more of a misunderstanding. Much like Bill can point to. Your boy Kirk has multiple accusations spread over his entire Iowa tenure. Also there as already and admission of guilt of at least failing to make an inclusive culture. So you have passed the misunderstanding stage. This argument is basically “you can’t judge me for my 4 DUIs because you had an open container one time”

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The players were white and Bill easily could have use intimidation to coerce them to support him. Like you said he is a SOB. The only fact that’s relevant is that he called a Black player a thug in front of a bunch of white players and according to all the posters that makes him a racist therefore all the fans that support ISU athletes are racist

At the time I agreed if he was racist he should go. Pretty sure what saved him, he didn't use the term exclusively with AA players when it came to light he acknowledged his wrong rather than lying thru his teeth like Kirk.

Meanwhile you just keep looking for new ways to deflect for a coach that has had over 60 players come forward with issues but claims he had no idea there was ever any issue.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I am not going to be one of the people in here saying that anybody who is still an Iowa football fan is racist. Because that isn’t the case. But all the Hawks on here at least have to admit that at worst someone could make a credible case that Kirk is racist and at the absolute best Kirk treated his players of color in a way that they thought if they complained about other coaches being racist to them they couldn’t be sure that Kirk would do the right thing. Think about that, that is the BEST light you can paint your head coach in.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So now that we established Bill Fennelly is a racist. And ISU is harboring a racist, can everybody that wants Kirk Ferentz fired email pollard?
Can you post the names of the people that want Kirk fired? I've missed that, thanks.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
So players and former players who haven't spoken up don't support KF. Lol. Got it.

Is that the same for commits? If commits haven't spoken out but have remained committed, or even re-committed like Oladokun, they're silently against KF?
I don't know why you are dodging my point/question, you said "the majority of former and current players support KF and think he is the man to lead this change." I asked the VERY simple question of, "If that is true, then why haven't an overwhelming number former and current players (whom now have the ability to use social media thanks to KF silencing of them) come out and posted saying they think KF is the man to do this change?" Why? I gave you a reason why which makes complete sense. Becaues they don't support him. On something as serious as this, if someone I trusted and supported was under fire I would have put something out there giving my support. Almost all players have stayed silent. Why? I think you know why, it's because they truly don't support him, especially with Brian still around. But they can't say that because your fan base would discredit them somehow and go after them like we have seen with the players who spoke up. Get your head out of the sand

As for the current recruits, including Oladokun, that is a pretty poor and mute point. They haven't even been in the program to know what sort of treatment was happening to players so why would they have a poor view of a guy whom they have only talked to in limited settings? Be better

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I am not going to be one of the people in here saying that anybody who is still an Iowa football fan is racist. Because that isn’t the case. But all the Hawks on here at least have to admit that at worst someone could make a credible case that Kirk is racist and at the absolute best Kirk treated his players of color in a way that they thought if they complained about other coaches being racist to them they couldn’t be sure that Kirk would do the right thing. Think about that, that is the BEST light you can paint your head coach in.

This. And most still don't think he did anything wrong

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don't know why you are dodging my point/question, you said "the majority of former and current players support KF and think he is the man to lead this change." I asked the VERY simple question of, "If that is true, then why haven't an overwhelming number former and current players (whom now have the ability to use social media thanks to KF silencing of them) come out and posted saying they think KF is the man to do this change?" Why? I gave you a reason why which makes complete sense. Becaues they don't support him. On something as serious as this, if someone I trusted and supported was under fire I would have put something out there giving my support. Almost all players have stayed silent. Why? I think you know why, it's because they truly don't support him, especially with Brian still around. But they can't say that because your fan base would discredit them somehow and go after them like we have seen with the players who spoke up. Get your head out of the sand

As for the current recruits, including Oladokun, that is a pretty poor and mute point. They haven't even been in the program to know what sort of treatment was happening to players so why would they have a poor view of a guy whom they have only talked to in limited settings? Be better

I like how you added "overwhelming" to your question about former/current players speaking out. You never said "overwhelming" before. You just asked why players/former players weren't speaking out. Then I provided examples, and now you've changed it to why haven't an "overwhelming" number of current/former players spoken up. Too funny. How many have spoken out saying KF should be gone?

Oh wait, you said that not speaking out means they don't support him. All those former players who've been out of the program for years are scared to come out and say KF isn't fit to lead it and should be gone... because of all the harm that will come their way. Right.

And your take on the current recruits being a "mute" point is pure gold. Yeah, I doubt Oladokun and his parents have paid much attention to everything happening. I'm sure they haven't looked deeply into the environment, asked questions, done the research and due diligence to really determine if Iowa was the right program for him. Same goes for all of the 2021 commits, I'm sure they haven't taken the time to re-evaluate their decision based on what's been happening to make sure Iowa and KF are the best fit for them. It's only their future at stake. Silly me. I'll try to be better.

Reactions: TrianglePlace

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I like how you added "overwhelming" to your question about former/current players speaking out. You never said "overwhelming" before. You just asked why players/former players weren't speaking out. Then I provided examples, and now you've changed it to why haven't an "overwhelming" number of current/former players spoken up. Too funny. How many have spoken out saying KF should be gone?

Oh wait, you said that not speaking out means they don't support him. All those former players who've been out of the program for years are scared to come out and say KF isn't fit to lead it and should be gone... because of all the harm that will come their way. Right.

And your take on the current recruits being a "mute" point is pure gold. Yeah, I doubt Oladokun and his parents have paid much attention to everything happening. I'm sure they haven't looked deeply into the environment, asked questions, done the research and due diligence to really determine if Iowa was the right program for him. Same goes for all of the 2021 commits, I'm sure they haven't taken the time to re-evaluate their decision based on what's been happening to make sure Iowa and KF are the best fit for them. It's only their future at stake. Silly me. I'll try to be better.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So Iowa had already done a review and KF did nothing. So why should we believe a second one will make him change?
The only logical response you could make to that would be because Kirk is now being looked at under a microscope due to him being exposed.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This is something:

After filing a Freedom of Information request for the report, which was an athletic department-wide study, HN received a summary of findings found on the university’s official website. It was four pages shorter than the full report HN has obtained. You can read the full report in its entirety below.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Great now you have a threat to talk about Bill and the WBB issues that you didn't give 2 ***** about until now.

Why did the Fennelly thread only make it 62 pages but there are over 400 pages worth of posts on the Iowa football issues?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

I must confess your third point since made earlier is powerful. Been thinking a lot about that point. It is by far the best support for kirk.