Iowa Football Recruiting

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
So basketball has no walk ins but football is nearly one third walk ons? Way to try to massage the numbers.

Basketball has 13 scholarships, football has 85. Around 15 is pretty accurate for basketball.

I could have been off on the football number. I thought it was 115 but it could be 105 that are allowed in fall camp.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Basketball has 13 scholarships, football has 85. Around 15 is pretty accurate for basketball.

I could have been off on the football number. I thought it was 115 but it could be 105 that are allowed in fall camp.
I thought we were talking about women’s basketball since Bill was brought up.

May 7, 2020
Do you believe Kirk is being honest through all of this? What about the former players?

I don't think Kirk has been completely honest through all of this and I don't remember saying that I stand by KF through all of this. Because I want to see how everything turns out automatically makes me a racist.

As far as the former players I do believe them and have never discounted their experiences. I don't think everything that has been brought up is racist but as a white man I can't possibly put myself in their shoes.

And thanks for the answer in the other post, good stuff.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't think Kirk has been completely honest through all of this and I don't remember saying that I stand by KF through all of this. Because I want to see how everything turns out automatically makes me a racist.

As far as the former players I do believe them and have never discounted their experiences. I don't think everything that has been brought up is racist but as a white man I can't possibly put myself in their shoes.

And thanks for the answer in the other post, good stuff.

What are you waiting to see when you say wait to see how it turns out?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Nothing funny about racism, but the people posting them are funny. What is funny is the "outrage" from ISU fans and their "concern" for the kids. Nobody deserves to be discriminated against and once the investigation is complete I hope that people will be held accountable. What would be refreshing is if ISU fans would just come out and say that they hope all of this causes Iowa's program to crumble.
When Jane Meyer proved in a courtroom that she was discriminated against by Iowa, who was held accountable? Who got suspended, terminated, bought out, etc?

May 7, 2020
What are you waiting to see when you say wait to see how it turns out?

That is a good question that I am sure I don't have a good answer for. I would like to see what the current and former players are saying and have them dig into some of the allegations.

May 7, 2020
When Jane Meyer proved in a courtroom that she was discriminated against by Iowa, who was held accountable? Who got suspended, terminated, bought out, etc?

I think you know the answer to this question.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think you know the answer to this question.
Exaclty. So when you hope people are held accountable if the review brings up some concerns, who do you think is going to clean it up? Only one person higher than Barta at the school, and he's never been in charge of a college before.

theguru1

Sep 6, 2012
So you think Kirk Ferentz should be fired?

sounds like you are deflecting. Did you not asked me if I was ok with a racist coach? No, I am not ok with Bill. Bill berated one of the few Black players on the team and referred to her as a thug in front of other players. If you can’t admit that calling a Black player a thug, I can’t take you seriously.

theguru1

Sep 6, 2012
When you're discrediting black players and believing everything your white coach has said who's proven to lie through the whole situation it makes you racist

Exactly. This is why Bill needs to go. Where are all the social warriors on cyfanatics at?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
sounds like you are deflecting. Did you not asked me if I was ok with a racist coach? No, I am not ok with Bill. Bill berated one of the few Black players on the team and referred to her as a thug in front of other players. If you can’t admit that calling a Black player a thug, I can’t take you seriously.

Yikes

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Exactly. This is why Bill needs to go. Where are all the social warriors on cyfanatics at?

First I'll admit I don't follow women's basketball. At the time I figured he was gone. I think the overwhelming response from former and current players stating Bill is a demanding SOB to everyone that cares about your committment not your race saved him.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

One of the few? I pulled up a year, was her junior year (couldn't remember exact years) and six of the 13 players are definitely AA players. How is basically half, a few?

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
You should start a thread about it and find out where everyone stands

Here is one, I only looked at the first 2 pages but there are some interesting comments.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...l-fennelly-over-racial-discrimination.217314/

A four year starter... Sounds like discrimination.

Not saying he's guilty or innocent, but always two sides to every story. I did talk to Kidd Blaskowski Saturday night at cy's house of trivia who couldn't have said nicer things about him. She said that he's tough on them on the court but couldn't be more of a loving father figure off the court.

Still....not good for anyone involved. Yeesh.

Given that he's been the coach for 20 years, wouldn't something have come out before now if these allegations are true?

So it was so bad that she is going to sue, yet it wasn't bad enough to transfer?? Ok.

This plus getting her degree and being drafted I guess makes it hard to understand her damages.

sounds more like her WNBA contract didn't work out

Not guessing this gets much traction legally since other then maybe one other player I don't think she will get much support. Guy is tough on everyone. You can even argue he is an ***-hole but I don't think you can make a case that it is about race. Even if this is resolved with ISU/Bill 100% innocent it can maybe get Bill's fired (Connie Yori) or destroy the program (Illinois).

Priceless that this coming from a gal who, with the help for some of her buddies, ran off a freshman gal (who just also happened to be black ). Bill should have tossed her off the team back then but he sold out because she gave him the best chance to win. Apparently she wasn't content to be a cancer on the team while she was here she is intent on continuing to try and destroy the program. She is arguably the worst thing that ever happened to ISU WBB.

I'm good friends with a few of his early tenure players and the things they say about him are really really bad. One messaged me today saying 'finally someone is calling him out on this...been happening since 1995'.

Good God, someone else crying racist when something didn't go their way. Coach Fennelly has had plenty of black players and I don't think this has ever come up before.

America: where you sue everyone for everything.