Help! I'm Fat - *** Official Exercise and Weight Thread ***

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My daily routine has been to get up and take a good brisk walk for 45-60 minutes. I'm still logged on by about 7am being that I can bypass all that unnecessary showering and shaving. Of course if it is raining I can't do that but fortunately the mall is open again so this past weekend I went over there to get my walking in. I have to run up the escalators anymore to try to get my heart rate up.

On fitbit I discovered a cardio score. I rate in the excellent range for my age group. I wish I had discovered that when I first started but I came across it by accident. Then it took me a while to figure out how I got to it.
Where is it? I would hope my resting heart rate of 50 would count for something...

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Going on week 4 of no cardio Body Beast work because of the bad wheel.

Holding serve on the weight while getting "Beastie"....

Surgery isn't out of the question. Son of a

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Down 30 but really jacked up my foot doing some plyometric workouts

Very possible it's an overtraining situation.

Shifting gears to purely weightlifting for the next couple of weeks.....or until my foot swelling goes down. Painful ****
Man, I hurt myself doing plyo boxes a couple years ago. Took up interval training with yoga. For me, a 5'10, 200 lb, non flexible, kind of athletic dude, this was perfect. The interval training is low impact, mid cardio, high rep training. I went to Power Life coming off of a back surgery. Might be something to look into.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Where is it? I would hope my resting heart rate of 50 would count for something...
Go to your heartbeat. Swipe left on the graph of your resting heart rate. I have the Charge 3. Don't know if that would make a difference.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
Keep it up for those that are gettin' rid of it!

I rationed food and had less intake to start the Covid and got down to 'playin' weight!' (glory years) but since have sat too much and ate and put on a few. Gettin' soft and it needs to stop...but Kirkland chocolate covered almonds are also basically crack so it may be a long road to recovery.
For me it's chocolate covered raisins and I just discovered the small amount I was eating every day with lunch was 200 calories! Finished the container I had and trying to stay strong about not buying more.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I have officially left 300lbs behind. I've been below that mark for the past 10 days, weighing in at 294.3 this morning. I haven't been under 300 since college - maybe sophomore year, about 2001. I started the keto program on Feb 15.

When I officially started I was 336 so I'm down 40 from the start. In July 2017 I hit my lifetime high of 365, was diagnosed as Type II diabetic, was prescribed a diabetes management class and through some diet and exercise managed to get down to 345. Over the next 12 months I slowly drifted down to the 336 where I started my current keto program. What I'm most happy about is the fact that this keto program feels sustainable.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
For me it's chocolate covered raisins and I just discovered the small amount I was eating every day with lunch was 200 calories! Finished the container I had and trying to stay strong about not buying more.

The almonds I eat are 160 calories roughly in 11 almonds which isn't bad until you have like 2-3 small bowls of them in one sitting like I did last week.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Man, I hurt myself doing plyo boxes a couple years ago. Took up interval training with yoga. For me, a 5'10, 200 lb, non flexible, kind of athletic dude, this was perfect. The interval training is low impact, mid cardio, high rep training. I went to Power Life coming off of a back surgery. Might be something to look into.

I've had hip/lower back stuff that hurt my running and doing some yoga that extended the spine a bit did wonders and I'm not flexible.

Funny thing--when the online yoga instructor sits with the cross-legged forward bend pose, they basically fold over...I go as far as I can and it looks like I'm just sitting criss-crossed, ha.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

I'm in the same boat. Not a big yoga fan because I'm not even close to being flexible..... which means I would really benefit from it.

I was in a good groove and seeing strong results. Kind of sucks but I have to adapt.

Plantar plate tear.... Not cool.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
I'm in the same boat. Not a big yoga fan because I'm not even close to being flexible..... which means I would really benefit from it.

I was in a good groove and seeing strong results. Kind of sucks but I have to adapt.

Plantar plate tear.... Not cool.
Oh man! That hurts. There's also a lot of rehab videos on youtube, but if you are in a spot where you don't have a ton of movement, that's hard.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
I've had hip/lower back stuff that hurt my running and doing some yoga that extended the spine a bit did wonders and I'm not flexible.

Funny thing--when the online yoga instructor sits with the cross-legged forward bend pose, they basically fold over...I go as far as I can and it looks like I'm just sitting criss-crossed, ha.
I hear you! You feel like Stretch Armstrong's nemesis lol

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I hear you! You feel like Stretch Armstrong's nemesis lol
giphy.gif

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Going on week 4 of no cardio Body Beast work because of the bad wheel.

Holding serve on the weight while getting "Beastie"....

Surgery isn't out of the question. Son of a

I started working out in August of 2019...by November I'd joined a gym and really started lifting hard and regularly. I'm 42...i've been in physical therapy for tennis elbow for a couple months....

Sucks when you get old enough that just working out can injury you and set all your goals and progress back. I'm still maintaining with cardio but it still sucks.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
Bumpity

Whar all the fatties at? Time for a mid-year weigh-in & accountability check!

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Bumpity

Whar all the fatties at? Time for a mid-year weigh-in & accountability check!

I've managed to only put on 2-3 COVID lbs. I was in the best shape of my life right before COVID, so I consider that a win. I did a good job with working out at home for the first few weeks, then slipped to running 3-4 times a week, now I'm down to running maybe once a week.

My gym is back open now with extra measures in place, but it's fitness classes (Farrell's) and lots of heaving breathing indoors, so I'm waiting a little while to see if they have an outbreak before going back.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I haven't been actively trying to lose weight for the last couple months or so other than just being aware of what I'm eating, snacking less, getting more exercise golfing. So only down 1 pound which I'm fine with, honestly since I stopped trying to lose weight I had assumed I'd gained so when I stepped on the scale and saw a small loss I was happy.

Reactions: SayMyName

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I almost bumped this yesterday as I decided I needed to start getting after it again. I haven't been focused at all, but am still down about 7 pounds during covid. I went for 5k run on Monday. It was my first run since early May.

90 degrees + humidity + fat and out of shape was not a great combo. I think I almost gave myself a heat stroke. Did come in under 30 minutes though.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I have a bit of a strange situation- I had issues with digestion for about three years (probably a combination of an ulcer and stress). At any rate, I changed my diet fairly radically, and went from about 180 to 160 (too much weight loss as I'm 6'2").

Around Christmas, I was feeling mostly better and said to heck with it, I'm going to go back to eating normal things and see what happens. Turns out I could without too much discomfort, and gained it all back and then some (188) by March. While I'm glad that I was able to gain back to a more normal weight, the adjustments I've made (back to the treadmill and cutting back on some of the things I'm eating) haven't got my metabolism back to where it was.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I am a full 20 lbs. down and am in a range where I am comfortable. I was looking at my Fitbit history and I haven't been this light in over 4 1/2 years. My wife said something about me being too skinny but I think she is crazy. I still need to work on my core and upper body and I admit I haven't done anything to get serious about it. Maybe if I add some muscle there it will change her thinking.

Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron