Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Crazy to think that Rob Howe has bigger balls as a reporter than Keith Murphy, but it’s true. Pretty disappointed in Keith.
Keith isn't really a hard hitter. He can kick ass on a feel good story but he's not a guy for rocking boats.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
there are dozens of stories which appear worth investigating and Doyle should get fired based on what I have heard.

As with many viral incidents, people eventually overplay their hand and take away from the true cause.

So what you think is that KF has just allowed a little bit of racism and not full racism? Maybe they were just racist on Monday, Wednesday and Friday?

Exactly how do you 'overplay' the racism hand?

And what IS the 'true cause'?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Crazy to think that Rob Howe has bigger balls as a reporter than Keith Murphy, but it’s true. Pretty disappointed in Keith.

I love Murph but the coverage has been bad from what I’ve listened to on KXNO.

Miller and Condon did well on Mon/Tuesday. Can’t remember but other than that it seems like everyone will briefly mention it for 30 minutes and then go to other topics.

Like someone else mentioned, when the band incident against Iowa happened, that was two hours everyday for a week or more.

I mentioned it yesterday but it took Murph YEARS to get Kirk on their show semi regularly. He actually used to be fairly tough on Kirk but since he has been making appearances on their show that has definitely scaled way back. To a certain degree I get why the media tip toes around it because they want to maintain the relationship if Kirk is still around.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So what you think is that KF has just allowed a little bit of racism and not full racism? Maybe they were just racist on Monday, Wednesday and Friday?

Exactly how do you 'overplay' the racism hand?

And what IS the 'true cause'?

They weren't saying the n word so does it really count?

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Keith isn't really a hard hitter. He can kick ass on a feel good story but he's not a guy for rocking boats.

Well said. But it does say something - for him and many others - that he was more angry about Carson King being slighted than by this U of I story, which is orders of magnitude larger.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I know I'm late here, but the Hawkeye Nation owner's interview with the KXNO guys on Tuesday was laugh out loud terrible. Beyond me on why you would agree to that interview if you're going to bumble and fumble your way to say 'We just don't want to report anything controversial, even if it's true, so that the athletic department likes us.' Boy was it cringeworthy to hear him try and discuss journalistic integrity for 20 minutes.

Reactions: cyputz and erinmd32

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Interview on KFAB radio just now with Ross Peterson. He stated that Doyle simply is who he is...not racist. Additionally, he believes that this will be the last season for Kirk, that he will retire after this season...and no, Brian will not be the next head coach. He did not state that Doyle needs to be fired...again, only that Doyle is simply misunderstood. Sports talking heads here in Omaha do think that Kirk is in some trouble, but none are calling for his head.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Interview on KFAB radio just now with Ross Peterson. He stated that Doyle simply is who he is...not racist. Additionally, he believes that this will be the last season for Kirk, that he will retire after this season...and no, Brian will not be the next head coach. He did not state that Doyle needs to be fired...again, only that Doyle is simply misunderstood. Sports talking heads here in Omaha do think that Kirk is in some trouble, but none are calling for his head.
200.gif

DSM radio personalities are going to defend these people harder than Penn St fans defended JoePa...

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Can somebody make a concise list of attributed quotes by former players about the racism and links to the most damning info? Asking to help a friend with something.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Amari Spievey confirmed it. Let me guess he's not credible either?

He'll never believe it. It's bizarre. You could put him the DeLorean, drive him to that exact moment in time, he'd see it, and instead understanding it his brain would explode.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
"I remember it was a recruit day and Doyle made DJK ran laps with a big Rubbermaid trash can on his head. The purpose was to humiliate him. I guarantee if he was white Doyle wouldn't make him to that. I was so upset. I was so upset."

-Amari Spievey @Brodie0

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
"I remember it was a recruit day and Doyle made DJK ran laps with a big Rubbermaid trash can on his head. The purpose was to humiliate him. I guarantee if he was white Doyle wouldn't make him to that. I was so upset. I was so upset."

-Amari Spievey @Brodie0

Interesting - that account differs from the one Marvin McNutt told. Don Nordmann, Dace Richardson, and several other of DJK’s former teammates have also said that’s not true. You calling Marvin McNutt a liar?

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Can somebody make a concise list of attributed quotes by former players about the racism and links to the most damning info? Asking to help a friend with something.
Howe's HN article has decent collection of the tweets compiled. I'm sure some one could transcribe Akrum Wadley's comments directly from his mother's FB video... Then of course there is the DJK story that was taken down which someone in this thread had saved in PDF.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/opinion/howe-iowa-football-must-address-former-players-speaking-out

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Interesting - that account differs from the one Marvin McNutt told. Don Nordmann, Dace Richardson, and several other of DJK’s former teammates have also said that’s not true. You calling Marvin McNutt a liar?

What did McNutt say?

Cycodolphan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2010

Ah yes, if you are inherently a racist it is okay. It is those damn disingenuous racists you need to watch out for!

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
You calling Amari Spivey a liar? I think the point is that there is not a simple set of facts that absolve the coaches of any wrong doing as you would suggest... there are multiple people speaking up supporting DJK's account and multiple contradicting it. The truth may be in the middle and regardless it would be classified as bullying and demeaning behavior by coaches.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

That is such coded language....i get it "but look at the results (NFL, etc)".

The thing is....we ALL have work to do in these areas.

I saw the example of him mocking black players...at least come out and say "I was trying to connect but realize that was a d*ck way of doing it"...but nope....just "he's misunderstood".

Also, wait till we wear black uniforms this year....and Hoks somehow try to spin us as being insensitive, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron