SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
What an idiot I am!
giphy.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You got me, I exaggerated in a post once! What an idiot I am!

Since color of skin appears to be very important to you in terms of credibility you are aware DJK's white parents are backing up everything that was said including the incident they were involved in

Reactions: aauummm

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Can you please take a second to critically think? Morrow claimed that he complained to Ferentz about Doyle saying he would send him back to the ghetto. Morrow himself now admits that never happened. You guys were roasting Ferentz for saying that he doesn’t recall Doyle ever using that language before, calling him a liar and saying that he was being coached up by his lawyers to use the “I can’t recall” phrase. But now we know that he can’t recall Doyle using that phraseology because Morrow never told him about it. I’m not condoning the language that Doyle has used on different occasions, but there are important distinctions in some of these stories that you guys are completely ignoring, and that is one of them.

Not sure I would be hitching my wagons to the ol Doyle train right now but you do you....

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don’t even know what that means. DJK threw a fit at practice and was told to stand on the sidelines. He kicked over a garbage can full of trash, so the coaches made him hold it the rest of practice. He then decided to try and be a jokester and started walking around with it on his head. How in any world is the Iowa staff the party that comes out looking bad in this story?
Link?

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
As someone who has a career with a primary focus on high availability and reliability for web applications (AWS focus), Hawkeyenation should have seen this coming and should have been prepared for the overload that was bound to happen with a piece of content like that.

I would really REALLY like to hear a Miller and Deace podcast on this topic, but I don't think it will happen.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Im not hitching my train to the Doyle wagon. I have said at least a half dozen times that I want him fired.

Yes for some reason you believe the stories about Doyle being racist as true but the stories about Ferentz being racist as not credible

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Im not hitching my train to the Doyle wagon. I have said at least a half dozen times that I want him fired.

So you're hitching yourself to the "Doyle was a rogue bad actor and our 5 million/year coach had no idea any of this was going on" train?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don’t even know what that means. DJK threw a fit at practice and was told to stand on the sidelines. He kicked over a garbage can full of trash, so the coaches made him hold it the rest of practice. He then decided to try and be a jokester and started walking around with it on his head. How in any world is the Iowa staff the party that comes out looking bad in this story?
I didn't tell you to delete the post because that's not the true story (I don't know what the true story really is), I told you to delete the post because you asked verbatim "what white person would throw that kind of tantrum?". Just.. think next time that's all lol.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So you're hitching yourself to the "Doyle was a rogue bad actor and our 5 million/year coach had no idea any of this was going on" train?
"Not one racial problem in 21 years of coaching"

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
I didn't tell you to delete the post because that's not the true story (I don't know what the true story really is), I told you to delete the post because you asked verbatim "what white person would throw that kind of tantrum?". Just.. think next time that's all lol.

That’s not what I said, and that is a gross and intentional misrepresentation on your part. Twins asked what black player was asked to hold a trash can as punishment, and I asked back what white player kicked over a trash can full of trash after throwing a tirade? You know, because that is the reason that the coaches made DJK hold the trash can the rest of practice. The idea that there was some racist intent behind the punishment because it was handed out to a black player and not a white player is ridiculous.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Since color of skin appears to be very important to you in terms of credibility you are aware DJK's white parents are backing up everything that was said including the incident they were involved in
Where'd you see this?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Can you please take a second to critically think? Morrow claimed that he complained to Ferentz about Doyle saying he would send him back to the ghetto. Morrow himself now admits that never happened. You guys were roasting Ferentz for saying that he doesn’t recall Doyle ever using that language before, calling him a liar and saying that he was being coached up by his lawyers to use the “I can’t recall” phrase. But now we know that he can’t recall Doyle using that phraseology because Morrow never told him about it. I’m not condoning the language that Doyle has used on different occasions, but there are important distinctions in some of these stories that you guys are completely ignoring, and that is one of them.

This is such a worthless argument you're hanging onto. Morrow spelled out in detail what Doyle said. Then in the next paragraph when he took it to KF he was shutdown and belittled, recited Doyle's resume asked what exactly have you accomplished.

Morrow also states in the article Doyle on multiple occasions referenced sending Morrow "back to the ghetto ". Just because the article doesn't specifically say I said this to KF doesn't mean he didn't. The bigger point is Kirk didn't care what Morrow had to say and shut him down because Doyle was his meal ticket.

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
Here's a timely post that comes from another players parent that is just mad his son didn't get any playing time.

Sounds like George Kittle's dad Bruce released a timely article two days ago, not saying it's about anybody in particular....sorry if already posted.

https://www.brucekittle.com/single-post/2020/06/07/With-Great-Power

-here's some excerpts

And by the way - YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN - IT WAS AND IS YOUR JOB TO KNOW. Racism and discrimination are not new topics. These are not new to anyone who has been paying attention over the past 40 years. These are not realities that anyone is even debating at this point in history. It is real and has been real for a long time and we all know that. MAYBE things were just going too well sitting at the top. MAYBE no one was saying anything, no one was complaining, no donor making a fuss or MAYBE profits and outcomes were fine so why look any closer to the behavior of some of your own people. MAYBE. And so it was easy to act like you didn’t understand, that you did not know, or maybe if you were seeing these things, MAYBE you didn’t think they were wrong and truly believed that they were not racist or discriminatory. MAYBE.

But with your great power (and big bucks) comes GREAT RESPONSITBILITY AND GREAT ACCOUNTABILITY and if you failed in that responsibility consistently over time, then I ask you, what does it mean now to be accountable for that failure? What are you going to do now other than say you are sorry, appoint a committee to review it, and promise to listen better? Yes, I thank you for being willing to listen now, when the media and entire world is watching, when statements about what was going on within YOUR organization are coming from everywhere, when people that were victimized by the culture of your organization are coming forward to speak their truth. But honestly it feels more than just a bit hallow and late. And help me here please. Help me understand that you really had no indications of any of this before? You never heard any stories or complaints from anyone? You never saw it or thought those things were racist? Really?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
You gotta feel bad for Kirk. All this bad stuff happening right under his nose for so many years and he just didn't have a clue about any of it. If there's really a victim in all of this, it's him.

Reactions: heitclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That’s not what I said, and that is a gross and intentional misrepresentation. Twins asked what black player was asked to hold a trash can as punishment, and I asked back what white player kicked over a trash can full of trash after throwing a tirade? You know, because that is the reason that the coaches made DJK hold the crash can the rest of practice. The idea that there was some racist intent behind the punishment because it was handed out to a black player and not a white player is ridiculous.
I wasn't saying you were racist dude.. Just saying the way you formulated your statement looked a little iffy that's all. And I would refute your argument on that and ask what sort of punishments did any white players receive for their misconduct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron