Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Anything. Say something easy like "The Orange Bowl reunion story is absolutely false"

So a reasonable response would be "No, Kirk Ferentz did not have the Iowa City PD raid a former player's house on a drug bust."

Do you realize how ridiculous that would sound?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Jim Tressel got suspended because if he knew about players selling merch for tattoos, he didn't alert the school.

Kirk Ferentz is still employed and has never been suspended.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So a reasonable response would be "No, Kirk Ferentz did not have the Iowa City PD raid a former player's house on a drug bust."

Do you know how ridiculously bad the Iowa PR dept has been ran?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
You really love to go out of your way to pick out the stupidest things to argue about don't you?

Can you please take a second to critically think? Morrow claimed that he complained to Ferentz about Doyle saying he would send him back to the ghetto. Morrow himself now admits that never happened. You guys were roasting Ferentz for saying that he doesn’t recall Doyle ever using that language before, calling him a liar and saying that he was being coached up by his lawyers to use the “I can’t recall” phrase. But now we know that he can’t recall Doyle using that phraseology because Morrow never told him about it. I’m not condoning the language that Doyle has used on different occasions, but there are important distinctions in some of these stories that you guys are completely ignoring, and that is one of them.

Reactions: Statefan10

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And then you have dozens of other former players wondering why their stories didnt get an immediate response like DJK's did.

Once the review is done I am sure the allegations in Howe's article will be addressed and Howe will probably be the one to ask KF about DJK's comments. Responding to one complaint now and not commenting on all of them is not the right way to handle it, in my opinion.

Their stories did by Doyle getting put on leave

Reactions: aauummm

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

About as ridiculous as hok trolls saying Hoiberg had the Ames pd is his pocket?!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I never said everything in DJK’s story was a lie, but there were stories in there that undoubtedly were.

And FWIW:

View attachment 72621
Did you read the part of DJK's statement where he mentioned he does not know if there was any racial intent by KF or Doyle? He said the rules and behaviors seemed to be tailored towards African Americans, but cannot prove there was racism there. However, if it walks like a duck and quack likes a duck, well, you know the rest.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Can you please take a second to critically think? Morrow claimed that he complained to Ferentz about Doyle saying he would send him back to the ghetto. Morrow himself now admits that never happened. You guys were roasting Ferentz for saying that he doesn’t recall Doyle ever using that language before, calling him a liar and saying that he was being coached up by his lawyers to use the “I can’t recall” phrase. But now we know that he can’t recall Doyle using that phraseology because Morrow never told him about it. I’m not condoning the language that Doyle has used on different occasions, but there are important distinctions in some of these stories that you guys are completely ignoring, and that is one of them.

"Hey, look at this one thing to discount the several dozen stories of racism"

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

You literally disagreed with how Ferentz handled the Morrow situation and said he excessively punished a black athlete. What are you talking about?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
You literally disagreed with how Ferentz handled the Morrow situation and said he excessively punished a black athlete. What are you talking about?

I don’t think he should have been suspended for what he did. That doesn’t mean Ferentz is automatically a racist because he handed out a punishment that I don’t agree with. What are YOU talking about?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don’t think he should have been suspended for what he did. That doesn’t mean Ferentz is automatically a racist because he handed out a punishment that I don’t agree with. What are YOU talking about?

Well you disagree with 3 punishments he's handed out to black athletes because they were too excessive and disagree with 0 punishments he's handed out to white athletes. If that's not racism I'm not sure what is

Status
Not open for further replies.