Williams & Blum Quarantine Pod: 2011 win vs. OSU, 90s Nebraska teams & more

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I’d love to listen to an Eric Heft summer series. Do it.

My personal Summer Series suggestions:

The Jamie Pollard era at ISU

70s ISU football success and the aftermath of Earle Bruce’s departure

Hoiberg departure and Prohm hire

2010-11 realignment drama

Reactions: cyclones500

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Any conversation with heft has to include a question about Pete Taylor memories. With not much for tv at the time Pete played a huge part in my Iowa state memories.

Would love to hear about untold recruiting stories. For instance, I remember Iowa state was recruiting Isaiah Stokes in basketball. He apparently signed with Florida then denied it on Twitter. There has to be odd things going on behind the scenes all the time.

I’m always up for realignment news/history too since it’s important to ISU but I’m not sure what else there is say at this time.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We need a podcast that tells the history of ISU football uniforms, as well as interviewing the equipment managers.

Who decides on the uniforms? For the season? Game by game?

Who is the mastermind behind the social media hints about uniforms during the days before a game?

Ask a variety of people about their favorite ISU uniforms.

Reactions: cyclones500

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I’d love to listen to an Eric Heft summer series. Do it.

My personal Summer Series suggestions:

The Jamie Pollard era at ISU

70s ISU football success and the aftermath of Earle Bruce’s departure

Hoiberg departure and Prohm hire

2010-11 realignment drama

Related: we’re probably still at least 5 years away from getting the unvarnished truth, but I can’t wait for the oral history (or a deep dive) on the 14-15 basketball team.

Edit: with 6-7 guys and multiple coaches who have spent legitimate time in the NBA (!!!).

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
We need a podcast that tells the history of ISU football uniforms, as well as interviewing the equipment managers.

Who decides on the uniforms? For the season? Game by game?

Who is the mastermind behind the social media hints about uniforms during the days before a game?

Ask a variety of people about their favorite ISU uniforms.
I was a student equipment manager for Rhoads last two years and Campbell's first two years. Whenever CW wants me to come on the pod he just has to let me know ;)

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
They mentioned the 2001 Nebraska game wasn't on TV. Yes it was, I was in Lacrosse Wisconsin for October Fest and I saw it on TV in a bar. It was that old FOX Sports tv deal the Big 12 had. Remember that? It was a bad tv deal, not all the markets would even play the Big 12 game. I was at my brothers house in Boston and tried to watch a game, but they were showing truck racing on their FOX Sports NE. Another time I was in Minnesota, and they show women's soccer rather than a Big 12 football game.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
And I listened (and had forgotten). Like I said, I think we’re at least 5 years away, maybe 10+, before everyone is in a position where they feel like they can speak freely about it.

Oh I see, you’re talking about getting the perspective from players/Fred? Would be fascinating, if not likely

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Great podcast as usual, I really enjoy listening to them.

My vote for the next in-depth story would be titled, Lann-Ram, how a kid from Ankeny became a P5 two-way player and hero to kids across Iowa.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We need to have more conversation about this fascinating and somewhat disturbing image that came in my Twitter feed:

CW and Blum as wrestlers.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron