Iowa Football Recruiting

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Has something changed that I'm not aware of? I said all along, things are fluid and 17 year olds can change their decisions, but I'm still under the impression from talking to people he will be at ISU.
Can you further explain this? You’ve been saying this for months to set up your troll. Maybe give us “I know a family friend” line or something?

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Probably the same way KF and Iowa are holding onto hope for Fidone. I doubt that happens either.
Yeah, we're not getting Fidone. Would have been sweet though. Honestly, hope he goes anywhere else than Nebraska (outside of the B1G would be nice). I don't think they'll develop him to the best of his abilities.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Awesome trip. Hiked some mountains/hills in Malibu. Took a drive down the PCH. Hung out under the Santa Monica Pier in an irish bar and watched Iowa bball come back from double digits against Purdue to win. Tailgating was awesome as it was mostly all Iowa fans. Made friends with some Stanford guys next to us tailgating and we hung tri-tips in drum smoker for sandwiches. Weather and setting of the Rose Bowl can't be beat.
Sounds like a dang great trip. I’ve been in that area quite a few times as one of my best friends from college married a girl who grew up in Thousand Oaks Ca. Great weather but I man all the people everywhere, not for me

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Can you further explain this? You’ve been saying this for months to set up your troll. Maybe give us “I know a family friend” line or something?
I know a family friend. Also just what I've heard from a few other sources I'd rather not get into. Trust me, I don't have many sources to brag about, but everyone knows somebody.

Reactions: TheBear

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah, we're not getting Fidone. Would have been sweet though. Honestly, hope he goes anywhere else than Nebraska (outside of the B1G would be nice). I don't think they'll develop him to the best of his abilities.
Frost is pulling in a little bit better of classes than Riley but its not really translating to anything on the field that would impress me to want to go there. I don't get it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I know a family friend. Also just what I've heard from a few other sources I'd rather not get into. Trust me, I don't have many sources to brag about, but everyone knows somebody.
Would you say double digit sources? (Sorry, Travis Hines joke)

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Frost is pulling in a little bit better of classes than Riley but its not really translating to anything on the field that would impress me to want to go there. I don't get it.
Hard call. What he did at UCF is impressive. As much as I like to troll Nebraska fans I know, what he did there was eye-raising. He will have a few more seasons to get them to a bowl game (lol, love saying that) and take the next step after that, say 9 wins or so. Wouldn't shock me either way, could see him getting there in the next two years, or seeing him fall flat on his face.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

His dad is a huuuuggggeeeeee Nebraska fan, which obviously rubbed off on Thomas. I think most people can agree that Nebraska would objectively be the worst choice Fidone could make of his finalists, but I am sure the thought of returning your childhood team to their glory days would be a pretty enticing proposition.

Reactions: Clarence Butthorn

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Hard call. What he did at UCF is impressive. As much as I like to troll Nebraska fans I know, what he did there was eye-raising. He will have a few more seasons to get them to a bowl game (lol, love saying that) and take the next step after that, say 9 wins or so. Wouldn't shock me either way, could see him getting there in the next two years, or seeing him fall flat on his face.
No P5 noncon this year should help him. Playing OU next year won't.
I see he's pulling a SEC schedule next year and playing the Southeastern Louisiana Lions in between Iowa and Sconnie at the season's end. LOL.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
No P5 noncon this year should help him. Playing OU next year won't.
I see he's pulling a SEC schedule next year and playing the Southeastern Louisiana Lions in between Iowa and Sconnie at the season's end. LOL.

Nebraska closes out the season this year @ Ohio State, vs. Penn State, @ Iowa, @ Wisconsin, and vs. Minnesota, with no bye weeks. That’s pretty brutal. If they don’t start off at least 5-1 they’re going to miss a bowl game again.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
I just got a "Winner" rating from someone named Clarence Butthorn.

Today is going to be awesome.

giphy.gif

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
Lol might get worse from here! Class is already 2/3 full and CMC is whiffing on the guys at he top of his board.
Players rankings can change once football season starts. Since you know so much about who iowa state is recruiting I guess you know there's no good players left they're going after.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron