Iowa Football Recruiting

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I went back and watched the highlights of the ND-ISU bowl game and man the comment section isn't very nice towards ISU.

Notre Dame deserved to play a better team.

Who decides these matchups lol

Pretty insulting matchup lmaoooo

Iowa state should be playing one of those 6-6 teams. Who makes these bowl games?

A game no Irish fan thought they were going to lose and all Iowa st fans were blessed with a matchup to fall into their lap by the committee....Iowa st never should have been there

Irish had no business playing these guys ..also shoutout to tommy Reese did a good job calling the offense

Iowa State had no business being in this game. It should've been Notre Dame vs Utah or Notre Dame vs Florida.

Ouch!

You should read the comments for the 2016 Rose Bowl game. They are great

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Has something changed that I'm not aware of? I said all along, things are fluid and 17 year olds can change their decisions, but I'm still under the impression from talking to people he will be at ISU.
Something must have changed if he said that. I know you kept saying he's ISU's to lose.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
That's one of my favorite football accounts and I don't understand why some people dislike it.

I don't mind it too bad, but hate it when people use it as an end all be all tool. PFF doesn't have game tape, they only use the TV broadcast, they don't know the role each player is taking on for any given play and they assign numbers and weights to every play that is completely arbitrary. Football is a very hard sport to judge and give numerical ratings to.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
In hindsight yes. Iowa got absolutely dismantled by Stanford. I was at the game and it was the most miserable (outside of the setting) game I've ever witnessed in my life.
Outside of the game, how was everything else? Kind of an expensive trip yes? Do any activities while in the area?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't mind it too bad, but hate it when people use it as an end all be all tool. PFF doesn't have game tape, they only use the TV broadcast, they don't know the role each player is taking on for any given play and they assign numbers and weights to every play that is completely arbitrary. Football is a very hard sport to judge and give numerical ratings to.
You can definitely take it with a grain of salt just like almost every other metric.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Something must have changed if he said that. I know you kept saying he's ISU's to lose.
Said what? Did he just say something recently? If not, I'm still under the impression he will be at ISU. Not sure what you're getting at to be honest, I must have missed a recent update or something.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Yep, best to just get it over with at this point and move on. Bollers was never going to stay in state. Glad Iowa quit trying a long time ago.
Yea he has been Wisconsin’s to lose for quite some time. Not really sure why CMC held on to hope for so long with him. Oh well. Isu fans knew it was never happening.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Outside of the game, how was everything else? Kind of an expensive trip yes? Do any activities while in the area?

Awesome trip. Hiked some mountains/hills in Malibu. Took a drive down the PCH. Hung out under the Santa Monica Pier in an irish bar and watched Iowa bball come back from double digits against Purdue to win. Tailgating was awesome as it was mostly all Iowa fans. Made friends with some Stanford guys next to us tailgating and we hung tri-tips in drum smoker for sandwiches. Weather and setting of the Rose Bowl can't be beat.

Reactions: SouthernCy

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
In hindsight yes. Iowa got absolutely dismantled by Stanford. I was at the game and it was the most miserable (outside of the setting) game I've ever witnessed in my life.

I still blame that loss entirely on Iowa's record-breaking performance in the Beef Bowl just days earlier. Our guys were bound up. Bad strategic move by us.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Yea he has been Wisconsin’s to lose for quite some time. Not really sure why CMC held on to hope for so long with him. Oh well. Isu fans knew it was never happening.

If you search "Bollers" you will see some Iowa State fans thought he was coming to Ames.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Probably the same way KF and Iowa are holding onto hope for Fidone. I doubt that happens either.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Said what? Did he just say something recently? If not, I'm still under the impression he will be at ISU. Not sure what you're getting at to be honest, I must have missed a recent update or something.
iahawks said he was never coming here. You said he's ours to lose.