K-State's AD put out these 7 B12 options for football ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
1. Starting the season as scheduled in early September (Can't see it)
2. Starting the season in late September and ending games in December
3. Starting the season in October and playing a conference-only schedule
4. Starting the season in September and playing a conference-only schedule
5. Waiting until 2021 and starting the season in January (LOL imagine Ames then?)
6. Waiting until 2021 and starting the season in March (Makes most sense)
7. Splitting up the season with six games in the fall and six games in the spring

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
5. Waiting until 2021 and starting the season in January (LOL imagine Ames then?)
7. Splitting up the season with six games in the fall and six games in the spring

Your AD isn't that bright, huh?

#4 and #7 make absolutely no sense whatsoever right off the bat.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
#6 absolutely doesn’t “make the most sense”. You are going to play a season in March, April, May, and June. And then turn around in August and do it all over again? No way.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
#6 absolutely doesn’t “make the most sense”. You are going to play a season in March, April, May, and June. And then turn around in August and do it all over again? No way.

It might not make the most sense, but is definitely a possibility IMO.

I think what might make the most sense right now is #3?

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It might not make the most sense, but is definitely a possibility IMO.

I think what might make the most sense right now is #3?

then all the kids that have aspirations of getting drafted won't play in the spring. So a lot of good players won't be available for that second season in the spring.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
then all the kids that have aspirations of getting drafted won't play in the spring. So a lot of good players won't be available for that second season in the spring.

So if we can't end up having it in the fall, then it's a no go at all for the entire year, right?

So it's fall or nothing in your mind, right?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just want to understand your stance.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
How does #6 work in anyway? There are still extremely cold and snowy days in March and April in Ames (and in other northern states).

Also, if the season started then, imagine how hot it would be in southern states at the end of the season. Do you really think games can be played in Texas or Arizona in June and July? No. I live in Arizona now and lived in Texas for 20 years. That is not a possibility.

Not to mention, how would you turn around and start the 2021 season in a month after the 2020 season just ended.

The games need to played when scheduled or the season should be canceled.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
These are the 7 options the B12 is considering. So, you're speaking about Jamie as well. Always amazes me how some people have to put in their little-boy, sophomoric comments on every thread. My gosh.

Your title makes it seem like these options were the K State AD's idea.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

I'm disappointed none of these options include kicking Baylor out of the conference

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Question for those that might take a guess, if there are no classes on campus this fall and and therefore no fall sports, what % of the college kids today would take a semester off?

25%? 10%?

The financial situation on every college campus would be massive, and I am not just talking athletics.

I think most schools will realize they have to open up. If they have students on campus, they will figure out a way to play the games this fall.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Who gives a **** what the Kansas State AD says. Now, if you said OU or UT's AD, then that would carry a bit more weight.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
For #5 forget the miserable fan experience, many schools couldn't play from a safety perspective due to the frozen playing surface. The Vikings had to pay to put one in when they played at U of M and it wasn't cheap.

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
How does #6 work in anyway? There are still extremely cold and snowy days in March and April in Ames (and in other northern states).

Also, if the season started then, imagine how hot it would be in southern states at the end of the season. Do you really think games can be played in Texas or Arizona in June and July? No. I live in Arizona now and lived in Texas for 20 years. That is not a possibility.

Not to mention, how would you turn around and start the 2021 season in a month after the 2020 season just ended.

The games need to played when scheduled or the season should be canceled.
If MLB can start games every year in Minneapolis, Chicago, Boston, and other northern cities in late March / early April then I think we can have football games then. No worse than late November football games in Ames. A spring football season from March to June would just flip the game temperatures from warm to cold to cold to warm.

September and early October games in Texas are in no way "cool". Agree that July and August can be pretty brutal for heat though in Texas and Arizona.