Remind me not to buy beer at Neyland

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I've heard the amount of unsold beer that's gone past prime is staggering.

Apparently there's laws saying you can't just dump it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I've heard the amount of unsold beer that's gone past prime is staggering.

Apparently there's laws saying you can't just dump it.
Dump it. or just sell it to those kids at low cost. #forthekids

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I read an article last week about how breweries are coping with beer in kegs at all these venues and bars that is going bad and they are going to have to retrieve it. It said that most breweries are working with businesses to help cut loses by each side, but the largest problem was going to be getting rid of the beer that has gone bad. They are not allowed to just dump it down the drain, its PH level is too high, so they were trying to come up with a way to lower the PH that would allow them to dump it.

They are also worried about getting back the kegs, each one runs around 120 to 140 dollars and there was beginning to be a shortage in kegs, as most are locked up in bars and stadiums around the country.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I read an article last week about how breweries are coping with beer in kegs at all these venues and bars that is going bad and they are going to have to retrieve it. It said that most breweries are working with businesses to help cut loses by each side, but the larges problem was going to be getting rid of the beer that has gone bad. They are not allowed to just dump it down the drain, its PH level is too high, so they were trying to come up with a way to lower the PH that would allow them to dump it.

They are also worried about getting back the kegs, each one runs around 120 to 140 dollars and there was beginning to be a shortage in kegs, as most are locked up in bars and stadiums around the country.

How many gallons of beer per day per pig would it take to sustain pigs in feeder lots?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I've always used old beer to boil brats in before grilling. But that's a lot of brats to cover all that unused beer. I guess I can do my part to help them out.

StevieISU23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
Wasn't the Keg Shops business model: Buy nearly expired/expired beer at a discount. Sell to cheap college kids..........
FIRE SALE FRIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We drank all sorts of crappy beer from those sales.