Niang versus Jok

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I mean football sucked pre-CMC so it probably depends if current guys can play. If we had Purdy we probably win
Let's see how Purdy does in the next two Iowa games before jumping to that conclusion.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Well they're dumb then lol. Iowa has done an incredible job of producing NFL talent. Much better than Iowa State. But this argument for football doesn't really work out as it does for basketball. There isn't necessarily a player for every position that could be filled at this moment in time. Iowa could definitely make more of a team than Iowa State that's for sure, but there would be gaps because there aren't as many leagues you can play in professionally like you can in basketball.

But it's just dumb to think that Iowa fans would honestly believe an all star team of euro league guys would be able to actually beat an all star team of predominantly NBA guys. I'm sorry, it just wouldn't realistically happen lol. If this weren't Iowa State, Iowa fans wouldn't even flirt with this argument.
I'm not making the basketball argument at all. Clones would win hands down.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Let's see how Purdy does in the next two Iowa games before jumping to that conclusion.
I guess I wouldn't call Iowa's team last season any kind of an all star team or anything. I know CyTwins is just pumping the Purdy hype train. The kid is good but he should at least tap the brakes.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I mean I'm talking big picture not just Purdy vs Iowa in their Super Bowl
Purdy has the potential to be the best QB of either school in a long long time. Hopefully his stats end up yielding some wins and turn into two very successful seasons for Iowa State, which will help solidify that argument.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I guess I wouldn't call Iowa's team last season any kind of an all star team or anything. I know CyTwins is just pumping the Purdy hype train. The kid is good but he should at least tap the brakes.

I'm not pumping anything. He's the best QB the state has seen since Banks/Seneca. Of course having him on our team would greatly help us

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well there's a huge difference between basketball and football. It's much more of a team game and there are a lot more bits and pieces that go into the outcome of a game. A basketball game you could have one guy that completely takes over a game and does it mostly all by himself. That rarely ever happens in football. Purdy could play an absolutely perfect game and his team could lose.

And yes, Purdy is good. He has the potential to be great and shows spurts of being one of the elite QB's in the nation. We'll just have to wait and see if he plays up to the hype with consistency. He's got two more years to do so.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
My point is many of these same Cyclone fans get their underwear in a bunch when Hawkeye fans bring up how many Hawks have went on to have successful NFL careers.

Can the mods please show this guy the door? The guy is a Yeahbuddy in disguise.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Can the mods please show this guy the door? The guy is a Yeahbuddy in disguise.
You seem to have an issue with the truth. I don't make crap up and I don't personally attack others. If that gets me kicked off, so be it

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You seem to have an issue with the truth. I don't make crap up and I don't personally attack others. If that gets me kicked off, so be it

With 300 negative rating you won't win any personality contests. The 7th grade boys video should have gotten you kicked off.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I was just bored with no sports and niang / jok kept people entertained a little bit. I’m happy when guys who have success keep the school in mind.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
My point is many of these same Cyclone fans get their underwear in a bunch when Hawkeye fans bring up how many Hawks have went on to have successful NFL careers.
Progress. You will find having a point useful when trying to make a point. Now if you can stay on topic that be tantamount walking and chewing gum for you.