Niang versus Jok

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
These guys are just messing around and providing fans with a little entertainment. Lol

With that being said, I'm sorry Iowa fans, but a throwback Iowa State team vs. a throwback Iowa team most likely wouldn't go too well for the Hawkeyes. I'm not saying that there's a 100% chance that Iowa team would lose because you never know.

What I do know is that the rosters would look incredibly lopsided. Iowa State's team would be made up of guys that are either on an NBA roster, are G-League players, or are on high level European teams. Iowa's team would be made up of a couple of G league players, some mid-tier European players, and if you want to throw in Gessell, I guess a financial advisor for Morgan Stanley.

Georges saying Iowa State's team would win by 40 is an exaggeration, but a 20+ victory? Probably 9 out of 10 times.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I'm all for this, especially if Iowa has Zach McCabe show up which will inevitably end with him telling more Iowa fans to "suck a fat one".

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Jok is pretty close with a lot of the ISU guys.
Yes he's very good friends with them lol. He was an ISU fan from Des Moines and constantly hung out with them all during the summer, played pickup with them, etc. Jok's a really nice guy. They're all just messing around but people are getting actually angry about it on Twitter.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The beauty of this is Georges can win this argument with a quick showing of his bank account. One dude is a millionaire. The rest aren't.

But the correct answer is "yes", an Iowa State alumni team would beat an Iowa alumni team by 40.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Pg: monte/haliburton
SG: Naz/Thomas
Wing: Burton
Wing/PF: Ejim/Nader
PF: Niang

THT, Shayok, Wiggington, Kane, McGee, Cyburn, hell Royce, McKay on the bench.

Our only starter not on an NBA roster was a former Big 12 POTY.

Now let me look up Hawks in the NBA to see what they'd throw out there..........

Nevermind, got nothing

Edit: Because I forgot we had so many.
Hell put Tinsley on there for fun.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
These guys are just messing around and providing fans with a little entertainment. Lol

With that being said, I'm sorry Iowa fans, but a throwback Iowa State team vs. a throwback Iowa team most likely wouldn't go too well for the Hawkeyes. I'm not saying that there's a 100% chance that Iowa team would lose because you never know.

What I do know is that the rosters would look incredibly lopsided. Iowa State's team would be made up of guys that are either on an NBA roster, are G-League players, or are on high level European teams. Iowa's team would be made up of a couple of G league players, some mid-tier European players, and if you want to throw in Gessell, I guess a financial advisor for Morgan Stanley.

Georges saying Iowa State's team would win by 40 is an exaggeration, but a 20+ victory? Probably 9 out of 10 times.
Let's do football. Iowa by 40?

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You know, I must've read the title of this thread wrong.. I could've sworn this was about basketball and not about football lol.
My point is many of these same Cyclone fans get their underwear in a bunch when Hawkeye fans bring up how many Hawks have went on to have successful NFL careers.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
My point is many of these same Cyclone fans get their underwear in a bunch when Hawkeye fans bring up how many Hawks have went on to have successful NFL careers.

And my point is that you are an idiot....

Reactions: Cycho1

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Yes he's very good friends with them lol. He was an ISU fan from Des Moines and constantly hung out with them all during the summer, played pickup with them, etc. Jok's a really nice guy. They're all just messing around but people are getting actually angry about it on Twitter.
That doesn't sound like Twitter to me. You sure?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well they're dumb then lol. Iowa has done an incredible job of producing NFL talent. Much better than Iowa State. But this argument for football doesn't really work out as it does for basketball. There isn't necessarily a player for every position that could be filled at this moment in time. Iowa could definitely make more of a team than Iowa State that's for sure, but there would be gaps because there aren't as many leagues you can play in professionally like you can in basketball.

But it's just dumb to think that Iowa fans would honestly believe an all star team of euro league guys would be able to actually beat an all star team of predominantly NBA guys. I'm sorry, it just wouldn't realistically happen lol. If this weren't Iowa State, Iowa fans wouldn't even flirt with this argument.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's ALWAYS about football when you talk to most Hawkeyes.
Until their basketball team is good of course lol. I have friends that honestly told me two years ago they were not cheering for Iowa Basketball ever again, and they're the same people who are giving me crap this year for Iowa State being bad.