Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Our church decided to stream a worship service on their Facebook page, so folks could have a chance without leaving home. It was Pastor Emily (she's awesome), organist Jason, and sound guys, and yours truly. I read the Scriptures, sang the hymns, and read the prayers.

The vixen watched part of it yesterday morning. She said I was ok. (That means I apparently need some work.)

Our church has been streaming services live for about 3 years so we were ahead of the curve on this one. The biggest issue was all the copyrights and making sure we had them. Our pastor is a former band instructor (his wife still currently is) so he knows all this stuff and is a stickler when it comes to it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Didn't have ribeyes like @ImJustKCClone, but the Iowa chops I grilled last night were plenty tasty.

On a more serious note, our TP supply is dwindling......has anyone seen any kind of replenishment in the stores yet? (I did buy a few boxes of Kleenex, just in case.)

Yeah, big thing is if they are out, ask when their shipments come. Be prompt if you are low, and its not the mad dash it used to be so you should be ok. If desperate, let me know, I'm not that far away.

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Didn't have ribeyes like @ImJustKCClone, but the Iowa chops I grilled last night were plenty tasty.

On a more serious note, our TP supply is dwindling......has anyone seen any kind of replenishment in the stores yet? (I did buy a few boxes of Kleenex, just in case.)

Not in Iowa, but I have seen some pop up at my local grocery store. I got there at 6:30 PM and they still had 2-3 pallets sitting there. Granted, there were still people going around with hoarder level stuff (two people who were obviously a husband/wife pushing around carts with two 48 packs each).

All the local stores have some limits in place. Had to wait about 5 minutes to get into the store yesterday as they were limiting the number of people in the store.

• Informative

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

I walked through Target yesterday afternoon and it was all gone. The Big Lots near me had TP in the morning, none in the afternoon. There are still people running around buying up as much as they can for some odd reason.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Lew's on a grocery run to Fareway right now, during the old folks hour. I'll let you know when he gets home.

• Friendly

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Sister called from Oshkosh, she said the state is going lockdown today. (@stormchaser2014 ? @WooBadger18 ? @cowgirl836 ?) She works for the UW system, Oshkosh campus, helping foreign and underprivileged students with financial assistance.

Wisconsin has far more cases than Iowa, according to the maps displayed on network news channels.

haven't heard yet but wouldn't be surprised.

• Agree
Reactions: WooBadger18

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Four ounces????
That's an entire jar of Fleischmann's yeast. One of those individual packages is 1/4 oz.

According to the Gold Medal Flour basic white bread recipe you would use 2 packages which would be 1/2 ounce which would be 4 1/2 teaspoons so each package is 2 1/4 teaspoons

https://www.goldmedalflour.com/reci...te-bread/ec48aa03-0d95-470c-a11a-f67046e1a09b

maybe I misremembered. I used half a tablespoon, which wasn’t enough. Now add in that I think I may have put in up to 1 cup too much flour, it was nasty.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I do........
I do too! But we play to 15 which is different than a lot of people

Sister called from Oshkosh, she said the state is going lockdown today. (@stormchaser2014 ? @WooBadger18 ? @cowgirl836 ?) She works for the UW system, Oshkosh campus, helping foreign and underprivileged students with financial assistance.

Wisconsin has far more cases than Iowa, according to the maps displayed on network news channels.
I’m with CG, I haven’t heard anything about that yet.

Edit: just got the email that he issued one.

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
First World whining: I usually post slides after lecture. I'm remembering to do it before so people can reference that or not stare at me via video.

It's a bother for 4 sections, and Canvas apparently doesn't like to cooperate with a large class in multiple sections the way Blackboard would, where I would have been able to do this once for everybody.

No biggie. It's just several minutes of sitting and waiting while I hope that Canvas doesn't crash. Nearly did last night.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Was going to go to work, but it's raining and the thing I needed to do was outside with the loader tractor. That tractor is an open station and driving a half mile down the road with it would be a cold wet mess.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Our church decided to stream a worship service on their Facebook page, so folks could have a chance without leaving home. It was Pastor Emily (she's awesome), organist Jason, and sound guys, and yours truly. I read the Scriptures, sang the hymns, and read the prayers.

The vixen watched part of it yesterday morning. She said I was ok. (That means I apparently need some work.)
You have time. Maybe you could narrate CycloneErik's assignments...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Lew's on a grocery run to Fareway right now, during the old folks hour. I'll let you know when he gets home.

Day 10 without a trip to grocery. Still doing okay on supply side. Nothing "fresh" obviously on the fruit side of things. Still got milk, buy the extra pasteurized low Lactate stuff which has long shelf life. Adjusting to not having any bananas. Or grapes, I'd been on a big grape thing this winter.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Day 10 without a trip to grocery. Still doing okay on supply side. Nothing "fresh" obviously on the fruit side of things. Still got milk, buy the extra pasteurized low Lactate stuff which has long shelf life. Adjusting to not having any bananas. Or grapes, I'd been a big grape thing this winter.

You have liquid grapes though, don't you?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
haven't heard yet but wouldn't be surprised.

and happening. I better run to the local creamery place and stock up on ice cream. No idea if they can stay open or not...imagine they will since they have cows to milk but I don't want to take the chance.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have an open browser for several days now of the baseball shoes my youngest wants. Not ordering just in case they cancel the season. Daughter has a prom dress that it looks like I'm going to eat.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
and happening. I better run to the local creamery place and stock up on ice cream. No idea if they can stay open or not...imagine they will since they have cows to milk but I don't want to take the chance.
The only “good” thing is the order will be issued tomorrow and probably take effect Tuesday evening, so we do have a little bit of time to plan.

My laptop charger quit working yesterday, so I had to run to Office Depot so I could get a new one.

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836
Status
Not open for further replies.