Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The bread sucks donkey balls. Too much flour, didn’t rise enough and needed to cook for about 3 minutes more. Notes taken and hope to solve at least one of those.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Out of curiosity I checked what our hotel rooms in NY would cost if we stayed a month from now (not going to buy, just was wondering how cheap they have become). Only 10% less than what we had them booked for. I figured it would be half price or so to get people in.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You wouldn't think it but bread is difficult.

First lesson, don’t use the wife’s mixer. That messed everything up. When I was going through the steps on the mental backtrack, the mixer mess up may have had me miscount a 1/2 to 1 cup of flour. That was an issue. Need to get a better understanding of the measurement of yeast also. If I hand knead the whole thing and get those ingredient issues cleaned up, it will definitely help my situation.

on a side note, the second pork shoulder was AMAZING. Lunches are done for the week, especially if I smoke a brisket mid-week.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Tried to figure out how many teaspoons/tablespoons of dry yeast are in an ounce. I think I'm a little light. Bread not raising very well.

Did you google it? It said 10tsp or 3.33 tbsp which is a lot of yeast. I looked and my yeast is expired, so no bread making here.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ack- save me from the Facebook world of experts on COVID-19. Some days I cannot believe I live in a university community.

I actually haven't seen any really stupid stuff. Than again I only have 78 "friends" so maybe that's not a good sampling and a lot of them don't post much anyway. Of the non-friends "suggested" junk in my newsfeed I haven't seen any true fake crap like I saw before the 2016 election. I think Twitter is maybe a more fertile field these days. Some of the stuff linked on CF is pretty bad.

Last edited:

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Our church decided to stream a worship service on their Facebook page, so folks could have a chance without leaving home. It was Pastor Emily (she's awesome), organist Jason, and sound guys, and yours truly. I read the Scriptures, sang the hymns, and read the prayers.

The vixen watched part of it yesterday morning. She said I was ok. (That means I apparently need some work.)

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Sister called from Oshkosh, she said the state is going lockdown today. (@stormchaser2014 ? @WooBadger18 ? @cowgirl836 ?) She works for the UW system, Oshkosh campus, helping foreign and underprivileged students with financial assistance.

Wisconsin has far more cases than Iowa, according to the maps displayed on network news channels.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Didn't have ribeyes like @ImJustKCClone, but the Iowa chops I grilled last night were plenty tasty.

On a more serious note, our TP supply is dwindling......has anyone seen any kind of replenishment in the stores yet? (I did buy a few boxes of Kleenex, just in case.)

Status
Not open for further replies.