Are you still planning on traveling for Spring break?

Are you still traveling for Spring break?

• Yes

Votes: 60 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 102 63.0%

• Total voters

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I can see the temptation to forge ahead with the trip. I apologize if I sound callous here but I mean, he's 96 and COVID 19 is hardly the only thing he's going to be susceptible to at that age. And like you said, who knows how many birthdays you have left with him.

I don't know what I'd do in your position. I think I probably agree with you, mostly because by traveling you're not only potentially putting your father at increased risk but yourself and others as well. Difficult decision for sure.
It's not callous. It's part of the equation. But like MeanDean said - even if he is on limited time, it would kill me to be the cause of reducing what time he has. I'm torn, but I really think it best that we postpone this gathering. Especially since the one sister is coming from a regional hotbed.

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
It's not callous. It's part of the equation. But like MeanDean said - even if he is on limited time, it would kill me to be the cause of reducing what time he has. I'm torn, but I really think it best that we postpone this gathering. Especially since the one sister is coming from a regional hotbed.

What if she gets it and transmits it to you? Not worth it, rather have a pissed off sister (whats new there) than contribute to the pandemic.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Just stay in your area people. You can go a few months without a trip.

A friend of mine thought they would try and pull a quick one on getting cheap flights to Iceland on Monday night, were there by Wednesday, and by Wednesday night they were searching for any and all information on the travel situation back into the US. Went from a "Alexa, are flights to Iceland cheap?" instagram caption to "holy ****, we have to be funneled through 1 of 13 airports and then self-quarantined for 14 days. What is going on!?" in 24 hours.

It's not worth it. You are being careless with either putting yourself or others at risk for No Reason Whatsoever.

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Welp. Need to change my answer to the poll, I guess. The place we were headed is closed as of last night. We were leaving today. Sooo...we will, now, not be traveling for Spring Break.

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
How many days has it been since you’ve been outside? If you answer honestly, I’ll be able to say “I might be selfish, but at least I’m not a hypocrite.”

I’ve been outside. I went to the store. I haven’t been to bars or restaurants.

I do think it’s selfish to live your life as normal (and that’s what I was replying to).

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
So I’m supposed to just lock myself in my house until “who knows”?

I understand that this illness, like most others, is very contagious and is harder on certain sections of the population than others. It sucks. It really does. I have family/friends in more vulnerable situations, like most everyone else. I’m not in a position to tell someone how to handle this, but I will say this...as long as it’s still legal to move about and enjoy my life while I can, I’m going to ******* do it.
Stupid isn’t illegal. Rock it.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

I do think it’s selfish to live your life as normal (and that’s what I was replying to).
Well said.

I feel for the small businesses, but they’re going to get crushed either way, arguably less the more people extreme social distance ASAP.

It is unfortunate, as with proper preparation the past two months, some of the people hurt the most by social distancing could be “employed” i the massive scale up of the supply chain delivery and production process needed to support an entire country hoarding via delivery. Really, the process of flattening the curve should have been far quicker and less disruptive than what it now will require, but politics got involved.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Hey, I'm in an RV Park with what look like 75-year-olds walking around in circles. I don't really watch Zombie movies, how can I tell the difference?
You are freaking hilarious.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Hey, I'm in an RV Park with what look like 75-year-olds walking around in circles. I don't really watch Zombie movies, how can I tell the difference?
See, there’s your clue....75 and walking? Upright? No walker or Rascal? You got zombies.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Outside is fine. Outside to get to crowded places isn't.

It's not like this is that Mark Wahlberg movie where the guy goes under the lawnmower because of what the wind blew to him.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Shoot one in the shoulder or something, and if they keep coming at you and try to eat you, it's a zombie. Then you have to aim for the head.

And then double tap, and don't stand there seeing if it's really dead.

God the other night the OG Friday the 13th was on and I couldn't believe how long the last girl stood there after initially knocking out Mrs. Vories in the cabin when that machete was right there. And then her plan is go paddle out on the lake?

• Funny
Reactions: LarryISU

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Shoot one in the shoulder or something, and if they keep coming at you and try to eat you, it's a zombie. Then you have to aim for the head.

And then double tap, and don't stand there seeing if it's really dead.

God the other night the OG Friday the 13th was on and I couldn't believe how long the last girl stood there after initially knocking out Mrs. Vories in the cabin when that machete was right there. And then her plan is go paddle out on the lake?

Sounds good, unfortunately I left my rifle home in Omaha. A month ago when we left home in our RV I had no idea we were on the verge of an apocalypse! Or maybe even a ZOMBIE Apocalypse!!!!!!!

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Sounds good, unfortunately I left my rifle home in Omaha. A month ago when we left home in our RV I had no idea we were on the verge of an apocalypse! Or maybe even a ZOMBIE Apocalypse!!!!!!!
chainsaws can be fairly affordable.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Alright, talked it over with the wife. We are just going to leave everything behind and get on a ship down here at the docks that is headed somewhere safe. Probably Italy. I will post again once I find a computer there. Good luck to all of you!

• Friendly
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and dosry5

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I mean, RVs are good for killing zombies or at least getting through them.

If you're wrong there's that whole 'vehicular involuntary homicide' thing but this virus is proving that people are ok with that anyway so just keep on keepin' on 'murica.