Dow down 3,000 points in the last week

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what my cashier was thinking tonight. BTW good sale on Jim Bean.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
People. Remain calm. This isn't Animal House. Think about your money timeline and life expectancy. If you are retired or a few years away from retiring you still need money in equities to offset the cost of inflation and taxation. This should be money you dont plan to need for 7 or more years. Let the market downturns work through and focus on TIME and dividend reinvestment and not on the ESPN of financial reporting which is CNBC and carnival Barker Jim Cramer.

Jim Cramer famously said Bear Sterns wouldn't go down as part of the 2008 meltdown so he isn't exactly the boy that cried wolf. He was more optimistic than reality,.

(how does this guy even have a job any longer?? )

Listen, I get the long term investment horizon speech, but I also don't have my head in the sand either. When you look at past history, I'm not sure I can find a point in the history of the market where the US was his highly levered in debt both at a federal level and a consumer level. To top that off, there seems to be little voice in DC to do anything about it...in fact, the appetite seems to suggest we simply continue on and maybe spend even more.

• Winner
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Jim Cramer famously said Bear Sterns wouldn't go down as part of the 2008 meltdown so he isn't exactly the boy that cried wolf. He was more optimistic than reality,.

(how does this guy even have a job any longer?? )

Listen, I get the long term investment horizon speech, but I also don't have my head in the sand either. When you look at past history, I'm not sure I can find a point in the history of the market where the US was his highly levered in debt both at a federal level and a consumer level. To top that off, there seems to be little voice in DC to do anything about it...in fact, the appetite seems to suggest we simply continue on and maybe spend even more.

He's not that bad. Way more information and entertaining than Bloomberg. I really do kinda miss CNBC.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I want to go to the grocery store and start throwing all the canned goods in my cart to see how people react.

• Funny
Reactions: DMCYFAN

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Just saw that this is the fastest 10% correction in the history of the S & P 500.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
I'm a few years from retirement and I've got a decent nest egg built. When Trump took office 3 years ago, I had a bad feeling the market was going to get very volatile, so I made 70% of my assets guaranteed (not affected by the market) and I'm feeling pretty good about that move right now.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
I'm a few years from retirement and I've got a decent nest egg built. When Trump took office 3 years ago, I had a bad feeling the market was going to get very volatile, so I made 70% of my assets guaranteed (not affected by the market) and I'm feeling pretty good about that move right now.

I bet you felt really smart from the rise from 16,000 to 29,000 the past several years too huh?

NateTheBoss

Nov 21, 2013
What does “guaranteed” mean? Because if you took your money out of the market for something else that would not have been a good decision over the last 3 years. If you built up a divided portfolio and relied on the dividend you wouldn’t have to worry about the market volatility and you would still benefit from the the growth.

Last edited:

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

There'll probably be forms of underground currency in the concentration camps.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Slicing through support levels like a hot knife through butter. If we dont bounce soon this is going to turn real ugly and likely crash.