Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
You sure about that or just optimistic? A lot of other Clone fans are not sharing the same optimism.
I know there are fans out there that are done with CSP. I still believe he is a solid coach and will get us back on track. It's been painful so I understand the doubt. I guess to answer question, realistically I'm just being optimistic.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Personally I'm proud of the restraint being shown by Iowa fans here by not just commenting on every criticism with the score of the Iowa vs. Iowa State game, accompanied by our under .500 record.

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
Hard to win a conference that has 3 Big 12 teams ahead of the best Big 10 team in KenPom?
Imagine thumping your chest about three Big 12 teams specifically being in the top 7 as special when teams 8, 9, 10, and 11 are Big Ten teams.

Cherrypicking stats has to be done more subtly than that.

Reactions: HawkFan1

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
They need two instant impact transfers next year IMO. One won't be enough to get in the tournament.
Are you factoring Johnson in that, or thinking 2 more after him?

It's a possibility we could land 1 immediate impact transfer. It seems highly unlikely that we'd get 2. That'd be pretty damn lucky.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Are you factoring Johnson in that, or thinking 2 more after him?

It's a possibility we could land 1 immediate impact transfer. It seems highly unlikely that we'd get 2. That'd be pretty damn lucky.

Nope, not counting him. He is more of a Nixon type transfer.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Nope, not counting him. He is more of a Nixon type transfer.
I wouldn't say that yet just because he does a different job. If he can play the 3 role (which is what I think we brought him in to do), that spot is currently unfilled. He could help tremendously there even without putting up gaudy stats...just by effectively filling the role. We don't currently have it at all.

But, still, we do need more than that. Need a killer outside shooting threat and either a true 4 or a true 1. This team has so little role diversity right now that there isn't a whole lot for defenses to respect.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Cherrypicking stats has to be done more subtly than that.
The fact a Prohm led mediocre Iowa State team won the Big 12 tournament tells you all you need to know about the conference.
The conference almost had a team win the Natty.Kenpom had the B12 as the best league in the country.
giphy.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm just saying that if Cyclones are counting on him to be the savior next year, then I think they are in big trouble again.

The gap between Nixon and savior is quite large. Lol not sure where that came from. He will be an impact player in a positive way next year

• Optimistic
Reactions: iahawks

Help Support Us

Become a patron