Who Should we hire After Prohm if he left after this year or next?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Just randomly throwing out names, but Porter Moser comes to mind. I don't think I'd be too thrilled with another mid-major hire, but he's had some high level success and seems to have tapped into that Chicago recruiting pipeline pretty well.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
It's about time we poached a coach with real success and a track record of greatness. I nominate Fran McCaffrey.

After he's done fixing Lickliter's failures a decade ago, of course.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I hear Wayne Morgan isn't really doing much these days.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Can someone that thinks TJ should be the next head coach at ISU, what has he really accomplished as a head coach anywhere? I really have no idea, we saw that he was a good recruiter while he was here, but how about his X's and O's?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Can someone that thinks TJ should be the next head coach at ISU, what has he really accomplished as a head coach anywhere? I really have no idea, we saw that he was a good recruiter while he was here, but how about his X's and O's?

He can consistently recruit the Upper Midwest and is solid in the transfer market. He has incorporated many of Fred’s offensive philosophies and teams pay heed to many of the basketball analytics that we grew accustomed to under Fred.
If there is a fault it is that he had the best talent in the league at South Dakota State. This year was a rebuild at UNLV. Next year they will win 20+ games with Jenkins eligible.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
JP should be on his knees begging for Fred to come back, as should the rest of Cyclone nation. If that doesn't work out, then go for TJ.

And when you comment that both of those bridges have been burned, please provide legitimate reasoning beyond your own speculation.

I just don't see another good candidate out there with ISU ties to stay long term if he were to be successful.

So he can leave for the NBA again?

That's what he's going to do to Nebraska. I'd go over/under 4 years there and take the under.