Oct 9, 2013
Shots fired at White Magic!

AlarmingBlandBangeltiger-size_restricted.gif

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Your take from all of this is that mean Iowa players were bullying those nice kids from Wisconsin? Good grief.
Were the Wisconsin players using vulgar language and telling the Iowa players to get the **** out? During a freaking hand shake line which is an institution at the end of basketball games to promote sportsmanship?

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I love it, I love it, I love it.
The officiating was atrocious throughout the entire game. I thought a few calls in the last 5 minutes or so could have certainly been attributed to Iowa's crazy momentum down the stretch. Were they make-up calls? I've got no idea, I just thought there were some pretty ticky tac calls going in Iowa's favor.

Being said, the grittiness and resolve of this Iowa team is incredible. I'm not an Iowa fan in the slightest, but Iowa basketball has been appointment TV for me this season.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Were the Wisconsin players using vulgar language and telling the Iowa players to get the **** out? During a freaking hand shake line which is an institution at the end of basketball games to promote sportsmanship?
Can't tell from that angle. Do you know? One Wisconsin player tried to punch an Iowa player in the pills...should Connor McCaffrey want to shake his hand afterwards? The officials allowed the game to get way to chippy and tempers obviously took over down the stretch for both teams. This isn't a pattern.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Can't tell from that angle. Do you know? One Wisconsin player tried to punch an Iowa player in the pills...should Connor McCaffrey want to shake his hand afterwards? The officials allowed the game to get way to chippy and tempers obviously took over down the stretch for both teams. This isn't a pattern.
Now cyclone fans are accusing the Hawks of being "bullies".....

My how times have changed.....

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
The more I watch the replay, the more it looks like Davison went for the money shot, then reconsidered and decided to hook McCaffrey's leg instead. I'm not trying to discredit Davison's dirtiness, because I'm still baffled about wtf he was trying to do.

At first I thought the two players collided and just fell down, then I saw the replay and was like, "What in the hell is happening here?"

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not. Good job! CyTwins is off his game but you're on yours.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

They called 28 fouls on Wisconsin. How did they let the game get chippy? By not calling fouls on Iowa?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
7-3 with
8-2 without

With- tourney ?
W/0- lock for the tourney

Probably fair right? A month ago, even you die hards weren't considering the Hawks a lock. He shuts it down, the schedule gets tougher,you guys play better and now barring something insane, you're dancing.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
With- tourney ?

Probably fair right? A month ago, even you die hards weren't considering the Hawks a lock. He shuts it down, the schedule gets tougher,you guys play better and now barring something insane, you're dancing.
are you saying that the Hawks would've embarrassed the Clones worse in Hilton without Bohannon? by 30 or more?

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
With- tourney ?

They're better now....they were good then. I like a 8 man rotation....one of my bigger gripes with Fran has always been trying to manage a 10-11 man rotation.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The more I watch the replay, the more it looks like Davison went for the money shot, then reconsidered and decided to hook McCaffrey's leg instead. I'm not trying to discredit Davison's dirtiness, because I'm still baffled about wtf he was trying to do.

At first I thought the two players collided and just fell down, then I saw the replay and was like, "What in the hell is happening here?"
It was dirty no doubt. Then again, everything looks worse in slow-mo. Tough to pass up an opportunity to hit little McCaffrey in the nutsack.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Radio said the officials bailed Iowa out. The box score tells the same story
After the 8 min tv timeout, Wisconsin went 3-10 from the field with 4 turnovers. They also went 1-3 from the line with one being a front end. They had 11 fouls called on them including the technical. 4 of those fouls were in the last 32 secs purposely putting Iowa on the line and stopping the clock down by 5. Factor out those 5 fouls and it was 6 fouls on WI and 4 on IA. Iowa's press was the difference down the stretch.

Help Support Us

Become a patron