*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #16 Auburn Game(Day) Thread ***

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Solomon backed up his great Tuesday with a really solid game today. It helps him that he doesn’t have to play in the 2 big lineup. That just needs to completely be scrapped. I like how Lewis just grabs that rebound and goes right back up with it. If we’re going to miss so many shots, his offensive rebounding is huge.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
2 games in a row with Solo being a legitimate post presence. He definitely deserves his starting spot back.
He, Lewis and Griffin provided 29 points off the bench.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Good effort. I like that we didn't quit and gave ourselves a chance at the end. Another poor start to the 2nd half and again, it's costly.

It's too bad Pearl has the Iowa background and is one of the dirtiest coaches in the business. His teams are well coached and fun to watch but I can't pull for him.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Sorry, but why do people keep comparing Grill to Matt Thomas? They are way different players IMO.

Thomas was a pure shooter. Grill IMO is a lot more athletic guy that will likely be more of a penetrate and get to the rim or dish it out player that can also eventually hit the 3 at about a 33% clip.

There isn’t much evidence of Grill being a drive and disher. He’s just a shooter like Matt was at this point. Don’t forget, Matt played on the ball all the time in HS as well.

Mississippi Clone1

Jul 19, 2017
Explain to me how Nixon or Jacobsen have justified getting more than 5-10 mins a game?
It is hard to understand, especially Jacobsen. He is so not good playing the 4. I know this may not be popular but I actually think Prohm is a pretty decent coach but I can’t understand why he stays with playing/starting Jacobsen as much as he does. Especially in combination with Young or Conditt. I think we have a large enough sample size to say it isn’t working.

• Agree
Reactions: spitfyr36

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
2 games in a row with Solo being a legitimate post presence. He definitely deserves his starting spot back.
He, Lewis and Griffin provided 29 points off the bench.
Honestly having the starting 5 out there at the start of the second half might've lost the game.
The playing big experiment needs to end other than maybe spot minutes. Unfortunately Solo, Conditt and Mike are all at their best as the only big and struggle in the two big lineup. Granted with Lewis and Jackson banged up it is tough, but I'd roll with Lewis and Zion at the four.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu and NENick

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
It is hard to understand, especially Jacobsen. He is so not good playing the 4. I know this may not be popular but I actually think Prohm is a pretty decent coach but I can’t understand why he stays with playing/starting Jacobsen as much as he does. Especially in combination with Young or Conditt. I think we have a large enough sample size to say it isn’t working.

Loyalty, and I also suspect Jacobsen makes a bunch of corner shots once he gets his wonky form lined up right during practice. Back in my glory days in 1A b-ball I could make 8-9 3s out of ten in practice, but the problem is if you always miss the first one it’s not gonna help you much in real games :)

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
I think Jacobsen would actually have some really good moments if he came off the bench at the 5. I know there wouldn’t be a lot of minutes to go around between the 3 but I think they’d each have their times that they shine.

• Agree
Reactions: fsanford

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So we fought pretty hard and the same people who said we’d lose by 20 and wanted to see us not get blown out are complaining. Color me shocked.