*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #16 Auburn Game(Day) Thread ***

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I wonder what TL doesn’t do at practice or off the court that pisses the coaches off enough to not play him more

• Agree
Reactions: clone1990

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
One thing about "finding" that line-up is that when they play the final 10 minutes with no substitutions (except Nixon for defense with 20 Seconds left), guys not used to playing might get tired. Lewis and Griffin especially. Both missed wide open 3's at the end and tired legs might have had an effect.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Play like this the rest of the year and I’ll keep tuning in. Hopefully Solo is back. Lewis is fun to watch. If he were to transfer I’d think he get some serious attention now just with his pure scoring ability. I hope he doesn’t!

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I disagree. Matt was far better as a freshman. I’m not saying Grill won’t pan out, but he’s far from ready.

I’m hopeful that he’s just a year behind Matt. His shot looks good to me, but what I do I know.

• Agree
Reactions: fsanford

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Play like this the rest of the year and I’ll keep tuning in. Hopefully Solo is back. Lewis is fun to watch. If he were to transfer I’d think he get some serious attention now just with his pure scoring ability. I hope he doesn’t!
It was like Solo flipped a switch today. Didn't give us hardly anything first half, suddenly tried carrying the team second half. Need more of that second half again, similar to OKST game.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
It was like Solo flipped a switch today. Didn't give us hardly anything first half, suddenly tried carrying the team second half. Need more of that second half again, similar to OKST game.

I think next year we just split minutes between Conditt and Solo at the 5 and play guards and Zion around them. 20 minutes with great effort is good for guys that size. Hopefully Solo extends that range a bit.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Soooo you're saying I shouldn’t have let my kids put on cartoons with 8 minutes left?

• Funny
Reactions: cygrads

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
To me Grill seems like a kid from a small town that was a multi-sport athlete that hasn't played much high level basketball like many others get on the AAU circuit. I like his athleticism and potential but he is not ready this year. Keep giving him a few minutes when you can to keep his confidence up.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Hard to say. I had a lot of hope for Custer. I still wonder how he would have been had he stayed.

I think he would have been great offensively with those Fred teams but it’s hard for me to see how much that lack of size hurts teams on the other end.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Hard to say. I had a lot of hope for Custer. I still wonder how he would have been had he stayed.

I hope Grill has a better ability to get his shot I think he does. He kind of got down on himself today, gotta play through it. One falls and suddenly the hoop is has an 8 foot diameter.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sorry, but why do people keep comparing Grill to Matt Thomas? They are way different players IMO.

Thomas was a pure shooter. Grill IMO is a lot more athletic guy that will likely be more of a penetrate and get to the rim or dish it out player that can also eventually hit the 3 at about a 33% clip.

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
I don't think TL is the answer, but when you see Bolton and Nixon half-asssing it effort wise at times its nice to reward the hustle and energy.

I give Bolton somewhat of a pass being in foul trouble all game. But Nixon needs to sit. Even the ESPN announcer called him out regarding his poor defensive effort.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron