*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #16 Auburn Game(Day) Thread ***

Jan 4, 2020
Lewis misses another wide open crucial 3. I'm not trying to diss him. Just pointing out he's not the savior so many are thinking he is.
“I’m not trying to diss him.” Man all you have done in this thread is diss him. He was one of the bright spots on the team today. Yes, he should have made those 2 threes but he played a good game. Give the man some credit, he would be better at the 4 than Jacobson.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Lewis misses another wide open crucial 3. I'm not trying to diss him. Just pointing out he's not the savior so many are thinking he is.

You're not trying to diss him, but yet you are dissing on him every chance you can. You never seem to post when he was doing really good things this game that kept us in the game.

Just face it.... Lewis >>> Grill right now. I'm not giving up at all on Grill though, he's just not quite ready yet.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
We were down as much as about 20, came back to lose a tight one by 4, with a wide open look at an even closer game. Can't be too upset about that.

Guys didn't quit and some played substantially better down the stretch. As sad as it is, this is another winnable game if they just shot 3s at an average level, especially in the first half.

Oh well, it's done now. On to #1 at home.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I was completely fine with that Lewis 3. Wide open look and you are down 4 with 20 seconds left.

Exactly. You play to win the game not extend it. You could have gotten two and gotten the pressure going again, but you’re probably not getting another to.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Today finally felt like a step forward. Young and Lewis were grinding out there. Stopped taking every 3 pointer that was even close to open, although there were still a few too many of those early in the shot clock. Lewis missed a couple crucial 3s but he was tenacious cutting towards the basket and fighting for offensive rebounds. Hopefully we can get Tre back to eat up some of Nixon and Grill's minutes. Starting 5 needs a shuffle. Conditt cannot start with Jacobson and Nixon.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Alright boys, I know most of us don’t have D1 genes but if we have thousands of kids surely we can teach one to shoot.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Alright boys, I know most of us don’t have D1 genes but if we have thousands of kids surely we can teach one to shoot.
UNI is hitting at 38.8%, steal one of their shooters

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
The inability of this team to make completely wide open threes is unreal.

Solomon and TLew battling was really fun to watch. Give them all the minutes they can handle.

At this point CSP's goal should be to reward hustle and toughness and screw any analytics and match-up decisions. Let's re-lay the foundation of this program with grit and toughness.