Xavier Foster Committed To Iowa State

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
I think he can but I also thought Tre J was gonna be one of our best 3 point shooters we’ve ever had so it’s hard to predict.

I am pretty sure Tre will improve dramatically. He's a freshman, is seeing quicker, better defenders, and is pressing. Shooting fundamentals look good. Make a couple and confidence will come.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I think it might be too early to give up on tre.

but I’ll remind all of you I thought he was too small.
I’m not necessarily giving up on Tre but I’ve defended him and hyped him up so much and that hasn’t really worked out for me. I hope he can find his shot that I thought he had.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I’m not necessarily giving up on Tre but I’ve defended him and hyped him up so much and that hasn’t really worked out for me. I hope he can find his shot that I thought he had.

It's been 13 games. Have some patience man. Remember, it took Matt Thomas 2 years to become who we thought he would be. Give Tre time.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I think he can but I also thought Tre J was gonna be one of our best 3 point shooters we’ve ever had so it’s hard to predict.
I love how we are giving up on a dude midway through his freshman season and pretending like Naz Mitrou-Long didn't play like complete garbage his freshman season.

We have a few dudes come in who are good from their first game (THT, Lindell, Tyrese and even Conditt) and we forget that most usually experience growing pains. Niang, Mitrou-Long, Burton, and Thomas all went through significant growing pains to try to figure out their place.

If a dude misses two consecutive 3's as a freshman, he doesn't automatically suck. The kid went from Central South Carolina talent to playing against Michigan, Seton Hall and tonight Kansas.

Be Patient.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I love how we are giving up on a dude midway through his freshman season and pretending like Naz Mitrou-Long didn't play like complete garbage his freshman season.

We have a few dudes come in who are good from their first game (THT, Lindell, Tyrese and even Conditt) and we forget that most usually experience growing pains. Niang, Mitrou-Long, Burton, and Thomas all went through significant growing pains to try to figure out their place.

If a dude misses two consecutive 3's as a freshman, he doesn't automatically suck. The kid went from Central South Carolina talent to playing against Michigan, Seton Hall and tonight Kansas.

Be Patient.

no no no no no no no

thats not how it works 'round here.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Be Patient.

We have dudes who start good but never get much better -- not trying to pick on him, but I am not sure I saw much development out of THT last year.

Haliburton and Conditt seem to get better every game they play. And I am including Haliburton still. He seems to be finding a new gear every week.

I am bullish on Jackson and Grill. They are both so young and inexperienced. Griffin and Lewis might be another story, but never give up on freshmen.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames

Be Patient.
Again, I am not giving up on Tre. I’ve been disappointed so far but in all honesty, I’d rather see him and Conditt starting over Solo and Mike so I wouldn’t say I’ve given up on him.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
He's saying you and others might be setting yourself up with unrealistic expectations by hyping some players up in the offseason.
That’s fair. I’m not really sure who else I’ve hyped up though. I definitely hyped up Tre though and I can’t argue that one.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
“Maybe you should stop doing that hype thing. That’s the root of a lot of people’s issues.”

I took people’s issues as players issues at first but I see that’s not what he meant by it.
You’re fine. Getting excited and hyping incoming players is just being a fan.

It’s not hype that is the root of issues, but Jackson shooting 25% on 3Ps and having the lowest ORating of the rotation players. Even those expecting little from Jackson should be disappointed in those marks. That’s not writing him off for future seasons, which very, very few have.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
He's saying you and others might be setting yourself up with unrealistic expectations by hyping some players up in the offseason.
You mean the CCL might be meaningless?
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron