Way Too Early 2020 W/L Predictions

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Sadly, 1-5 on the road looks possible. Okie St and K State own us no matter where we play, we'll be underdogs at Iowa and Texas, TCU is winnable but they'll be improved, probably a toss up type of game and then KU I'd expect to beat but who knows, we didn't exactly dominate them this year in JTS.

I'd say 6-7 wins is about right. Probably Cheezin It

• Useful
Reactions: CaptainCamoBeer

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
Another question is who will be the player that is way over-hyped in the offseason, joining Kamilo Tongamoa, Matt Leo, Johnnie Lang, Will McDonald? There is one every year that is super hyped and doesn't produce much. I wish the media would let these guys develop naturally instead of the unrealistic expectations. I think it will be Scates or Porter this offseason.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I was thinking of a different way -

How will Big XII finish?

OU
Baylor

KSU
OSU

Texas
ISU
TCU
TTU
WVU
Kansas

Each grouping will be pretty close

To me that is the problem has CMC has lost the momentum within the conference to KSU. Maybe he can get it back, if he is good he will get it back. The talent is there or on the way to do better.

I think people need to look at KSU's depth chart before they consider them as having momentum. They were good and handled ISU, but the experience they had was unbelievable. Their starters listed look like 13! 5th year seniors, 1 true SR and 5 RS Jrs. Almost their entire starting 22 has redshirted. That's incredible experience that you pretty much never see in college football these days. I think they will be solid, but I think people are overvaluing what they did this year a bit.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Another question is who will be the player that is way over-hyped in the offseason, joining Kamilo Tongamoa, Matt Leo, Johnnie Lang, Will McDonald? There is one every year that is super hyped and doesn't produce much. I wish the media would let these guys develop naturally instead of the unrealistic expectations. I think it will be Scates or Porter this offseason.

The media is being fed this stuff by the coaching staff.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Most of the guys that you listed are guys that the coaching staff said were surprising in practice. None of them were bragged as an instant starter. McDonald is a guy that they want to get of the field really bad this year, but he just was not getting things they way they had hoped. I expect he will be a guy that they get on the field a lot next year. I remember them also talking a lot about Mike Rose, Brock Purdy, Kolar, and a guy named Montgomery. They seemed to turn out okay.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
5-7

vs USD - W
at Iowa - L
vs UNLV - W
vs TT - W
at KU - W
at OSU - L
vs OU - L
vs KSU - L
at TCU - L
vs BU - L
at TX - L
vs WV - W

This looks pretty likely to me right now unfortunately. It would be tough on the fans if we do indeed start 4-1, and then lose 6 straight.... but it could happen.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
5-7. best case 6-6

This ISU team is returning a lot of starters for next year, several all conference players among them. If you don't believe that players can improve from with a year of experience, than 5-7 is all you should expect. I think a health Purdy with another year of experience is going to be a nightmare for opposing teams.

I think there are a lot of players that are way more pissed than any fan about how the season ended. They know they have to get better, and so do the coaches.

• Agree
Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I'm going with 6-6 or 7-5 right now and playing in Houston for a bowl game vs South Carolina.

I'm in vehicle heading back North from Orlando so going without a ton of thought. Knowing OL and DL will be missing some dudes and DBs might need some help, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't feel comfortable picking more than 7 wins.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I think people need to look at KSU's depth chart before they consider them as having momentum. They were good and handled ISU, but the experience they had was unbelievable. Their starters listed look like 13! 5th year seniors, 1 true SR and 5 RS Jrs. Almost their entire starting 22 has redshirted. That's incredible experience that you pretty much never see in college football these days. I think they will be solid, but I think people are overvaluing what they did this year a bit.
K-State loses a ton on the offense and defensive lines but returns a ton elsewhere including QB, running backs, receivers, linebackers, and d'backs. Klieman's system needs quality linemen to be effective.