*** Official Iowa Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
Tonight was an absolute disgrace. This is the first cyclone basketball game I can remember where we literally never stood a chance at winning. What’s troubling is the players outside of Tyrese looked like they didn’t give a ****. Even more troubling is trying to figure out what on earth Prohm came up with for a game plan. Time and time again he has shown he’s unwilling to take players out while they play abysmally but doesn’t even give Conditt enough minutes every day.

Iowa talked a bunch of **** and then came in a beat the piss out of us. On our own court. When was the last time we beat them at anything? It’s been wayyyyyy too long. Hilton Magic hasn’t felt alive since Prohm took over.

Prohm is a great recruiter but damn he cannot coach at all.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Game felt over after the first 3 minutes. Thought they figured something out to start the second half but that also lasted 3 minutes.
Nope, law of averages says ISU had to go on at least one run. Iowa woke up and went back to hitting the boards and dominating our guys. Game could've went another 80 minutes and ISU wasn't winning.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
That's embarrassing.

Iowa still just owns us... we might as well admit it.

And then we have JP running around saying we're the "bear" now... not Iowa.

We've pretty much always have been a better MBB team than Iowa, no matter what the result of this game is every year, but I fear that's changing probably this year and next.

This year’s game played out exactly like last years game. We ended the season as the better team then too, don’t put so much stock into this one game.

HawkInCO

Sep 15, 2019
The smack talk and way that it invigorates the fanbases is a lot of fun.

I hope you guys get better every game and make the tournament by winning the B12 Tourney! Wouldn’t be the first time or the last.

All in good fun, excited for the next time we meet.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Serious question.. we know prohm slacks off practicing the teams offense. Is there a correlation between that and have absolutely no idea every single year what the the teams best lineups are?

I heard he never makes them sweat. Or do weights. Heard somewhere he doesn't care if they go to class. Someone even said Prohm puts in 7' rims and lets them do dunk contests whenever they want.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
That's embarrassing.

Iowa still just owns us... we might as well admit it.

And then we have JP running around saying we're the "bear" now... not Iowa.

We've pretty much always have been a better MBB team than Iowa, no matter what the result of this game is every year, but I fear that's changing probably this year and next.

Yes, wrestling and women's BB are huge for the National audience.

Who cares? They are still turds at the end of the day and always will be.

Keith Murphy is also a huge douche, nobody outside of Des Moines even knows who he is.

INTENSE_CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2018
I could only bare the first half when we were down by 20. Looked and played like the team that always loses to the Globetrotters. Pathetic basketball.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I heard he never makes them sweat. Or do weights. Heard somewhere he doesn't care if they go to class. Someone even said Prohm puts in 7' rims and lets them do dunk contests whenever they want.
I know it’s probably a joke but sounds legit.

• Funny
Reactions: SpokaneCY

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
The smack talk and way that it invigorates the fanbases is a lot of fun.

I hope you guys get better every game and make the tournament by winning the B12 Tourney! Wouldn’t be the first time or the last.

All in good fun, excited for the next time we meet.

Too many in my tribe take this too seriously. Pretty ****** up if someone lets the attitude and effort of an 18 year old kid ruin their live.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron