I predict Pollard will seize the moment and Extend Campbell...

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
Extend CMC and pay more commensurate with a 7-5 season - a slight disappointment from a potential, say, 9-3 season.

All new Big 12 coaches as well as other Big 12 coaches and all midwest coaches are surely recruiting against ISU by saying he's as good as gone. University needs to indicate it is happy with CMC and will do things to keep him. Coaches pay is still trailing achievement. Doesn't mean there are not things to work on.

• Agree
Reactions: aobie and bozclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My Dad is also a long time high school coach. He's got a million of these kinds of stories. Always fun to remember the old days. People have little idea how chaotic it can be on the sidelines.

Just in general being a teenager trying to remember things.

I was a wingback and switched every other play with another kid, and we'd get the play from a coach, and run it in, to repeat it to the QB, who needed to repeat it to the huddle etc.

'Pro-right, lead 26' sounds very simple, but in the heat of things, I can remember second guessing myself 'What is left? Lead? 27?

• Winner
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Just in general being a teenager trying to remember things.

I was a wingback and switched every other play with another kid, and we'd get the play from a coach, and run it in, to repeat it to the QB, who needed to repeat it to the huddle etc.

'Pro-right, lead 26' sounds very simple, but in the heat of things, I can remember second guessing myself 'What is left? Lead? 27?

I, too, was a play-shuttler. I was more valuable to the team for my memory and accuracy than needing to be on the field every play. :)

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Staff continuity is the biggest contributor to success at a place like ISU.
As disgruntled as we are with this year’s results, you do everything in your power to maintain the entire staff.
People have short memory. Speaking for myself, I was always depressed during Paul Rhoads tenure here, so I can’t afford to have a short memory because right I’m planning on getting to a bowl game. We going bowling again.

Reactions: bozclone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Because 8 wins is better than 7, and with 8 wins we are talking about going to possibly the Alamo Bowl against Oregon or the Camping World against Notre Dame as opposed to the Liberty Bowl against possibly an AAC school. Its hard to argue that we didn't take a minor step back this season, when everyone thought we would keep the momentum moving forward. Its not a big deal or anything to be alarmed about at this point, but

Yep. One can say this season was a bit of a disappointment given the overall ability of this team yet still recognize it is this staff that established that ability to begin with. It doesn't have to be all one or the other, even though some will jump down your throat for saying anything slightly negative. We took a small step back this year, but I wouldn't at all be opposed to the regular extension of the contract with a reset on the buyout and an update of the salary to keep up with market rates

• Agree
Reactions: aobie

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I either don’t remember or have blanked it out - in the hiring period before announcing CMC were there all kinds of rumors?

if so, who was included?

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I either don’t remember or have blanked it out - in the hiring period before announcing CMC were there all kinds of rumors?

if so, who was included?

Not that I remember. If memory serves correctly, Campbell was JP's guy. Camped out near his house just to be first to talk to him. Had the talk with Campbell and his wife and the rest was history. Wasnt ever in a position to pursue another candidate.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I predict Jamie Pollard will seize the moment and inject some good news into the fan base following a tough loss to K-State and sign Campbell to an extension. This will help build some additional excitement around our 3rd bowl trip in 3 years. It will be another positive for bowl reps making decisions one week from today.

It will happen this week - perhaps as early as Tuesday.

How do you do with lottery numbers?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron