*** Official #23 IOWA STATE VS Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

adamwbusch

Dec 8, 2016
CMC in his 4th year here gets trucked by Kliemen in his 1st year at KSU. And we have quite a bit more talent on the field too btw IMO.

But I'm sure we'll hear the same old BS after the game from CMC about how proud he is of his team's effort, that Purdy is God and he worships the ground he walks on, but we just have to keep working on the details and winning in the margins..... because you know.... that's what teams like ISU have to do to beat inferior teams like KSU.... right??

I'm just ticked off right now, sorry..... but I'm just tired of the same old act and excuses.

i agree, i get that is has been much worse and I wouldn’t want to go back to that. But falling so short of the actual potential is frustrating.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Sorry but the FALSE starts are ridiculous.

Senior-laden offensive line with 100 starts + combined and it's f-ing uncalled for.

SEVEN false starts vs Baylor cost us the game. They're drive-killers.

We got beat by a 1st yr coach and Courtney f-ing MESSINGHAM, a bum of an offensive coordinator that Rhoads fired

Boys I have witnessed this type of football from ISU since 1962 ....This is just typical Iowa State Football!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Why? KSU just got as good of a Staff if not better. I like MC but to say he's the only one that can coach is short sighted.
Yeah, and teams all over the country year after year hire flops. Klieman inherited a senior laden disciplined team. I think he's a hell of a coach and will be good, but let's not act like the odds are good ISU goes and finds a coach that gets them 23-24 wins in 3 years.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
CMC in his 4th year here gets trucked by Kliemen in his 1st year at KSU. And we have quite a bit more talent on the field too btw IMO.

But I'm sure we'll hear the same old BS after the game from CMC about how proud he is of his team's effort, that Purdy is God and he worships the ground he walks on, but we just have to keep working on the details and winning in the margins..... because you know.... that's what teams like ISU have to do to beat inferior teams like KSU.... right??

I'm just ticked off right now, sorry..... but I'm just tired of the same old act and excuses.

Then go away if you are sick of it.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Tonight, yes.
This attitude has to stop, we kept saying we were better than Iowa, then Baylor, then OSU and now K-state - we are not better than any of those teams. We a an average team that will go to an average bowl because this team keeps making mistakes, turnovers, penalties etc through the whole season without much improvement.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Ok i might be the only one rational at this point that the sky is falling - but.... as irritated as i am with losing to that friction puke Chris K superior D-Bag all the way back to HS - they had everything in their favor besides the turnover margin. The only time this year our offense was totally shut down was because of high winds.... even against Iowa we moved the ball - we just didn't score! But what I'm most disappointed at is the defense - and how they got beat up and down by the rush - considering this team will finish with less than 100 yards passing... Heathcock never got out of his defense of having 3-3-5 he's gonna need to come up with a similar defense to beat Iowa and KSU because they play the same way... the 3-3-5 is not built to beat 50 runs....

Games disappointing but when i saw the wind was gonna be 40 MPH i automatically gave them a huge boost. KSU will either win or lose - in normal conditions, we beat that team badly. But, kudos to them, mother nature was on their side and they did what they had to do... as much as i hate it - HELLO CHEEZ IT BOWL.....
Defense has been vulnerable all year. Tell tale signs have been there. Don't know if it's due to personal or scheme but this isn't a surprise.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Ok Care to guess how many times we've had a winning conference record?

Obviously not a lot... But things are different now, there was a LOT of talk about this Iowa State defense being the best in the Big 12 during preseason this year.

And we have no excuses if a team like Baylor can come back and go11-1 after their death penalty and 1-10 season with their personnel hiring.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
That game was lost when the “team leader” slid 5 yards short of a first down on 3 down in the fourth quarter of a 3 point game rather then put your head down and try to get to the sticks. How does your team think that everyone wants to win when you don’t show it yourself.

And after this season, the special teams coordinator still has a job and am really disappointed in CMC. It has been a circus all year.

I don't think there is a Special Teams coach, which might be the problem

• Winner
Reactions: brycy

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

Yep, I want to see how Kliemen replaces this OL he has but if he does (I suspect he will) he's going to be a pain in our ass I suspect. The guy and his staff can Coach.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I mean, you guys didn't expect a different outcome playing down there, did you? I wasn't excited for this game at all....in fact, I was dreading it. Opted to just catch up to it on DVR and watch other games for a while rather than watching live like I do practically all other games.

K-State just has our number. We pretty much always play like **** against them, and yes, I know all of the games over the past 10+ years have been close, but we just kill ourselves with penalties and stupid play calls all game long against them. Every time. We finally made a few plays last year but had to scratch and claw that win out against a clearly inferior team, while we were at home. And although K-State is once again inferior this year, if you didn't know we'd go down there and lose.....well, you haven't been watching ISU football long enough yet.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Yeah, and teams all over the country year after year hire flops. Klieman inherited a senior laden disciplined team. I think he's a hell of a coach and will be good, but let's not act like the odds are good ISU goes and finds a coach that gets them 23-24 wins in 3 years.
Fair but let's not act like MC is the only good coach out there.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think coaches have taken away a lot of his game that made him so good last year

They’ve really done an amazing job of holding Hakeem Butler to zero catches and David Montgomery to zero yards. Why can’t we get a coach like that?