*** Official #23 IOWA STATE VS Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Why are people ******** about the offense? The offensive production has been great most of the year. Heacock and his defense were supposed to be a strength but they have been garbage all year. I don’t know a single defensive player that improved from last year to this year. We look worse everywhere on that side of the ball.
D did everything they could all season. it's tough when the O will go 3 and out at critical times...

• Agree
Reactions: SpringCreekCY

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Just bad offense all game. I'm sure that the wind did not help, but really never got going. Jumping offsides every 5 plays is not the way to get things done. Half a dozen dropped passes. Poor tackling. Purdy was just bad today. He had guys wide open and ignored them for a harder throw. Had some bad calls on offense. Gave up the opening KO for a TD.

Definitely a team loss.
A well rounded loss!

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
The offense puts up number, just can’t do anything when it matters most. Manning is overrated as a play caller. There are times when being cute is not the right thing to do. Do the simple things well. It really isn’t that difficult.

If we had any kind of a running game we would have won at least three more games this season...Have a great time in Memphis

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Ok i might be the only one rational at this point that the sky is falling - but.... as irritated as i am with losing to that friction puke Chris K superior D-Bag all the way back to HS - they had everything in their favor besides the turnover margin. The only time this year our offense was totally shut down was because of high winds.... even against Iowa we moved the ball - we just didn't score! But what I'm most disappointed at is the defense - and how they got beat up and down by the rush - considering this team will finish with less than 100 yards passing... Heathcock never got out of his defense of having 3-3-5 he's gonna need to come up with a similar defense to beat Iowa and KSU because they play the same way... the 3-3-5 is not built to beat 50 runs....

Games disappointing but when i saw the wind was gonna be 40 MPH i automatically gave them a huge boost. KSU will either win or lose - in normal conditions, we beat that team badly. But, kudos to them, mother nature was on their side and they did what they had to do... as much as i hate it - HELLO CHEEZ IT BOWL.....

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
CMC in his 4th year here gets trucked by Kliemen in his 1st year at KSU. And we have quite a bit more talent on the field too btw IMO.

But I'm sure we'll hear the same old BS after the game from CMC about how proud he is of his team's effort, that Purdy is God and he worships the ground he walks on, but we just have to keep working on the details and winning in the margins..... because you know.... that's what teams like ISU have to do to beat inferior teams like KSU.... right??

I'm just ticked off right now, sorry..... but I'm just tired of the same old act and excuses.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
If Campbell does ever leave it will be because he is sick of terrible fans like so many on here. Hopefully just the internet tough guy thing and not the feeling of the fanbase for this amazing staff I get it, you want more. Just stay patient.

Boring running teams will always be our Achilles heal with the current scheme unless you can get an early lead to force them to pass.

This KSU team also punked Oklahoma.

And also lost to West Virginia at home.

Reactions: Icky_Mettle

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
My only complaint on Purdy is his footwork. Dude needs to stop watching the NFL and arm cannons like Pat Mahomes. Too many throws off his back foot or while back peddling. Set your feet and step into the throw!

It’s rare to see him set his feet and throw unless it’s a quick out. He use to step up and run but now that he can’t/won’t it’s gotten way worse. People talk about him as an NFL QB but these mechanics aren’t gonna cut it

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
False starts, o line getting man handled (they looked like my bears o line), missed tackles, dropped passes, breece dancing in the backfield too much instead of hitting the hole, bad throws, defensive line getting blown up and the defensive ends not containing on the runs... no one to blame but ourselves on this one. K state played the cleaner, more physical game and that was the difference

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby and Spanky

adamwbusch

Dec 8, 2016
That game was lost when the “team leader” slid 5 yards short of a first down on 3 down in the fourth quarter of a 3 point game rather then put your head down and try to get to the sticks. How does your team think that everyone wants to win when you don’t show it yourself.

And after this season, the special teams coordinator still has a job and am really disappointed in CMC. It has been a circus all year.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Why does ISU wait 15 seconds on every 4th down before they send in the punter or FG kicker? You might want to speed things up when it's 4th and 7 and you know you are going to kick the FG. Or when it's 4th and forever and you trail by 7 points with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Also don't like the way we just sit on timeouts when KSU is about to go up by 10 points with 5 minutes left.

• Useful
Reactions: JackClone

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I’ll never understand why Iowa state continues to be Kansas states bich. It’s ridiculous.
We are to Kansas State football as Oklahoma State basketball is to Iowa State basketball. It doesn't matter who the players or coaches are or where the game is located. The result is always the same

• Winner
Reactions: Doc and CyBobby

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
There strength is running, ours is passing. With this wind it was going to be an up hill battle. Then the KO return to start the game hurt bad. Thought we had a chance after half, but that was a bad second half.
Every sports media in the country announced that KSU had potential to run the KO back. We say not on us, and kick it straight away. Our kicking game has no imagination all season. Predictable just like most all other parts of our game.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy and nickoff

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron