Voices In The Stands KU Edition

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yes, I think we all know that. But it is too bad more don't stick around. What is more fun than campus the weekend before break? No school work and the bars are just empty enough to be fun. Not to mention you could watch your nationally ranked football team play. Go home after the game!
I never understood why so many people that lived within a couple hours of Ames wanted to rush home to Mommy and Daddy instead of sticking around in Ames for 24 extra hours. Go out Friday night, go have fun at the game Saturday then go home. There’s always plenty of time to go be bored over break at your parents house.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I never understood why so many people that lived within a couple hours of Ames wanted to rush home to Mommy and Daddy instead of sticking around in Ames for 24 extra hours. Go out Friday night, go have fun at the game Saturday then go home. There’s always plenty of time to go be bored over break at your parents house.

I don’t think I would go home until like, the Wednesday of thanksgiving week. And I’d be back Friday or Saturday.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I just look at the fan support of true "football schools" and think we need to aim for that. We have some of the most passionate fans in the country, I'd like us to show it for 7 Saturdays out of a year. I don't feel like that's too much to ask.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

Their HS girlfriend in Osage might get bored, though.

I would ALWAYS stay for the game or rush back for the game. Getting drunk with no responsibilities? Yes please.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I know it's wrong, but I hate those people

Sometimes-we-do-the-wrong-things-for-the-right-reasons.jpg

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The best parties were usually thrown right before some type of break. Yeah, I never understood that either. Must miss their mommies.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
It’s so weird how many Hawk fans were there today. Even more weird they came to that game instead of watching their own team play
The group sitting behind us also had tickets for the Iowa game today. They decided not to go because it was going to be too far to drive and would be a 12 hour day. Not saying they were old, but he did have a sweet flip phone.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
The group sitting behind us also had tickets for the Iowa game today. They decided not to go because it was going to be too far to drive and would be a 12 hour day. Not saying they were old, but he did have a sweet flip phone.
The best thing I saw was the Hok in the men's room talking on the phone. He was telling the person he was in Iowa City at the football game...you just can't make this stuff up.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not heard in the stands: our band!

I hate it when a team (always seems to have "Hok" in their name) brings their entire band and takes the entire lower level visitor's section. We picked our seats when the SEZ was brand new in part because we wanted to get away from the visiting band. Now, they are right between us and our band. Argh. :mad::mad::mad: