Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Stopped in at computer store since I am going to need a new laptop before the end of the year. Of course I end up looking at the high end Dell XPS after browsing the less expensive models cause it is how shopping happens. I should probably splurge a little, the old Toshiba brick lasted for freakin' ever, think i bought in 2012. Still working okay but running Windows 7 so it's got go to the computer boneyard.

Then, because Christmas is coming I guess, I get distracted and look at better monitors for my desktop photo and editing workstation stuff. Left before I wandered off and looked at new Epson scanners.

• Friendly
Reactions: dirtyninety

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I've watched like 5 videos of fights in Popeyes drive thrus in the last 48 hours.

Do they even serve spinach?

giphy.gif

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Great atmosphere at the Gopher v Badger volleyball game last night. The house was completely packed. It's weird seeing my daughter's friend playing at that high of a level of competition. I still sort of picture the cute, little, smart, energetic kindergarten girl when I see here her name. Also, another player from our high school is the setter for Wisconsin. She's fantastic. Every set, now matter how awkward the position, is right on point.

I also found it to be enjoyable to root for both teams.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Great atmosphere at the Gopher v Badger volleyball game last night. The house was completely packed. It's weird seeing my daughter's friend playing at that high of a level of competition. I still sort of picture the cute, little, smart, energetic kindergarten girl when I see here her name. Also, another player from our high school is the setter for Wisconsin. She's fantastic. Every set, now matter how awkward the position, is right on point.

I also found it to be enjoyable to root for both teams.
That 3rd set was intense. My sister played against #19 of Wisconsin a couple times in high school, everyone just backed away when they knew she was going to spike it.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
So far just in the looking stage. She has told me what she likes so I have an idea of what to look for and I don't go totally astray. Also, we both hate spending money so this won't exactly break the bank. At the end if the day it's not about what's on her finger, it's about why it's there. So far the plan is to make it official sometime in the spring/early summer so that we have a year to plan a wedding, as well as I'll be graduated and working full time by the time of the wedding. If I would have graduated last spring like I would have if I hadn't switched majors our timeline would move forward but we don't want to try to get married when I'm still in school. Sometimes it seems a little crazy talking about a wedding after dating for 6 months but when you know you know I guess.

My wife and I started talking about it around 2-3 months after our first date, and I popped the question about 7 months in. "When you know, you know" can be so true sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.