Manning Broyles Award Nominee

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
https://cyclonefanatic.com/2019/11/manning-on-list-of-broyles-award-nominees/

Don't see the link posted in the forums. After the last "in-game" thread, I noticed a lot of Manning hate. Some even comment that they would prefer the CMC called offense of last year. Count me as someone that doesn't get that sentiment! Dude seems like a rock star to me! I don't blame him for every time someone jumps off-sides when we get inside the 20.

I always knew the back up quarterback is the most popular player on the team. Is it also true that the offensive play caller is always the most hated guy with the team?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
From my general observations, there seems to be two recurring themes I see.

1) people want us to run the ball more. Some people on here feel we throw it too much. Additionally, in this category, people want us to run it on short yardage situations to get the first down rather than passing for it. There is some validity in some folks wanting us to run it more. Which leads to the next.

2) As fans, we have the ability to view things in hindsight. When something doesn't work out, we say 'why didn't they run it instead.' Additionally, as fans, we don't know what the coaches are thinking. There maybe something that they know and have studied on the opposing team that we don't know. Personally, for me you cannot always blame the coaches when something doesn't go right. Even if the play call was correct, the players need to execute on the play. Additionally, the defense could have called for the exact right play that would counter our offensive play.

This is what I personally see as themes.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
From my general observations, there seems to be two recurring themes I see.

1) people want us to run the ball more. Some people on here feel we throw it too much. Additionally, in this category, people want us to run it on short yardage situations to get the first down rather than passing for it. There is some validity in some folks wanting us to run it more. Which leads to the next.

2) As fans, we have the ability to view things in hindsight. When something doesn't work out, we say 'why didn't they run it instead.' Additionally, as fans, we don't know what the coaches are thinking. There maybe something that they know and have studied on the opposing team that we don't know. Personally, for me you cannot always blame the coaches when something doesn't go right. Even if the play call was correct, the players need to execute on the play. Additionally, the defense could have called for the exact right play that would counter our offensive play.

This is what I personally see as themes.
What I personally see as themes are couch coaches who think they know more about football than the coaches do. Apparently they are unwilling to write Jamie and tell him they could do a better job for, say, 3/4 the salary that Manning makes.

So they post here.

• Winner
Reactions: CYTUTT

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
https://cyclonefanatic.com/2019/11/manning-on-list-of-broyles-award-nominees/

Don't see the link posted in the forums. After the last "in-game" thread, I noticed a lot of Manning hate. Some even comment that they would prefer the CMC called offense of last year. Count me as someone that doesn't get that sentiment! Dude seems like a rock star to me! I don't blame him for every time someone jumps off-sides when we get inside the 20.

I always knew the back up quarterback is the most popular player on the team. Is it also true that the offensive play caller is always the most hated guy with the team?

lol

manning.png

cyclonevac

Feb 11, 2016
He wasn't nominated by peo ole who don't know football. Again we forget how lucky we are. I don't like a lot of what these guys do, but I know that I don't know carpt compared to them. Can't say I watch a lot of film on an opponent before I go to a game. Congratulations

• Agree
Reactions: CYTUTT