Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Friday, the week before. We were leaving the next morning to spend Thanksgiving week in Texas, with a trip to a MBB tournament on South Padre on Friday, Saturday & Sunday after Thanksgiving. We had tickets for the game & a hotel & everything. We ended up staying in College Station and watching on TV because I decided that Thanksgiving eve was the perfect time to try to pass a kidney stone, and the TX ER docs wanted me to wait until I got home to fix it. So I ended up hopped up on painkillers & unable to keep anything down. Just call me the houseguest from hell...

yep, dug through Google photos and see a pic at DH's parents the weekend before. I wonder if we took off that whole week or something. Wonder if my work calendar goes back far enough....OH! I track ETO in excel. that'll show it. Clearly this bothers me and I must sort it out.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
no ETO noted for that time. IDK, must have come down just for the weekend for some reason.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Finally caught up. Took a week off to visit my folks in Dubuque. Thought the trees would be changing, but only a few -- too much rain I think.

Got a lot of one-on-two time with them. I love how you become good friends with your parents when you grow up.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Just wanted to take a second to tell all of you that @VeloClone and I are the only 2 people who are both still alive in the College FB and NFL Survivor games. We proudly carry the RTT banner!
I have been avoiding talking about being alive in all three of the College FB, NFL Survivor and Big 12 FB games.

I'm pretty sure I am jinxing myself and will be out of all three by next week.

That and taking a Minnesota team in both the NFL game and the College FB game this week.

And taking stupid Texas in the Big 12 game.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I know this is 50% my fault but I got ****** by timezones too. I don't eat breakfast but I had a flight from San Diego to Salt Lake at 12pm so no lunch. My 15min layover in Salt Lake had the closest place in my terminal not have food ready for 20min because a softball group bought them all out. I land in Cincinnati at 10:30pm. My fat ass is gonna be so hungry and I guarantee there's nothing open in Cincinnati at 11pm.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Tomorrow is our Trick or Treat day at work. I don't know why but it is kind of a big deal. I got volunteered a few years back to take photos so I set up a backdrop in the training room and take family photos. It was supposed to be the 30th. I have no idea why she bumped it up a week.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I know this is 50% my fault but I got ****** by timezones too. I don't eat breakfast but I had a flight from San Diego to Salt Lake at 12pm so no lunch. My 15min layover in Salt Lake had the closest place in my terminal not have food ready for 20min because a softball group bought them all out. I land in Cincinnati at 10:30pm. My fat ass is gonna be so hungry and I guarantee there's nothing open in Cincinnati at 11pm.

Opportunity to fast my boy. Then post about your discipline to inspire others in the "Help! I'm fat" thread.

• Funny
Reactions: cowgirl836

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Skyline chili baby!

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Skyline chili baby!
I haven't had Skyline in probably 10 years. I'm definitely gonna get some but it's not like I have the fondest memories of it. Also it seems like the closest one closes at exactly 11pm and I doubt in gonna get there in time

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

Not even Denny's?

Status
Not open for further replies.