Hawkeye Media having difficultly with win

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
not gonna blast them here, but they are having a hard time with the reality seen on the field. IMO it’s really this; Yep ISU lost, but they were the best looking team on the field.

Many exposed themselves in Twitter.... mostly calling the end of the series. Which is what we knew would be the cry as things shift to competency.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
not gonna blast them here, but they are having a hard time with the reality seen on the field. IMO it’s really this; Yep ISU lost, but they were the best looking team on the field.

Many exposed themselves in Twitter.... mostly calling the end of the series. Which is what we knew would be the cry as things shift to competency.

No, they want to end the series because made up violence happened to their band.

• Funny
Reactions: Cytown12

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Out of curiosity I wanted to see how far out we are in the polls. 31 in AP, 38 in Coaches. After Iowa we were 34/42 respectively. So we climbed 3 in AP and 4 in Coaches.

I was curious how Iowa fared. They went from 19 to 18 after beating ISU. But went from 18 to 14 having a bye week. So now I can see why they want to end the series, they do better in the rankings having a bye week vs playing us. (jimlad, sorta...)

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Out of curiosity I wanted to see how far out we are in the polls. 31 in AP, 38 in Coaches. After Iowa we were 34/42 respectively. So we climbed 3 in AP and 4 in Coaches.

I was curious how Iowa fared. They went from 19 to 18 after beating ISU. But went from 18 to 14 having a bye week. So now I can see why they want to end the series, they do better in the rankings having a bye week vs playing us. (jimlad, sorta...)

If you really want to get them going. mention that they had a bigger jump this week because ISU dominated ULM.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO and cyfan21

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Not to be a moral victory schill, but I felt while sucks that we blew that game, going forward, I'd rather be an ISU (duh right) than an Iowa fan based on product seen on the field.

• Funny
Reactions: HOU_Blue

Waukee100

Aug 20, 2019

Remember when TCU killed Iowa State like 80-0 and dropped in the polls and got left out of the playoffs? I do, funny times. Opened the door for Ohio State to win the NC.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Not to be a moral victory schill, but I felt while sucks that we blew that game, going forward, I'd rather be an ISU (duh right) than an Iowa fan based on product seen on the field.
My heart says that, but I saw one of the best Hawkeye products that they've had in years. I'm very happy to be a fan of ISU and if we don't win another I would still feel this way. But to me Iowa is in a very good position.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
My heart says that, but I saw one of the best Hawkeye products that they've had in years. I'm very happy to be a fan of ISU and if we don't win another I would still feel this way. But to me Iowa is in a very good position.

I've seen Iowa years in the past that have had much better secondary (injuries or not) and ones with better D-lines that wreaked havoc on us all day.

Would love another shot at them on a dry field but alas time to move on.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Remember when TCU killed Iowa State like 80-0 and dropped in the polls and got left out of the playoffs? I do, funny times. Opened the door for Ohio State to win the NC.
Ohio State got into the playoffs because they had a conference title game. The Big 12 did not so there was one less game played and that hurt both Baylor and TCU. A Big 10 team hasn't scored a point in the College Football playoff since 2014, the year OSU won it all.