All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So you do think the OL was the reason he regressed? Why do you think the other QB's under Campbell have regressed?

I don't think Stanley was bad last year to answer your question.

Stanley had a 135 passing efficiency with the best pass blocking in the conference and two top 20 draft picks to chuck it up to. That's bad IMO

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Kind of shoots the theory that the OL was playing better at the end of last season in the foot.
The offensive line played pretty dang well in the K-State game and also good in the WSU game (besides the penalties). Texas gave them some troubles, and the Drake game was almost impossible for anybody to do anything.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The offensive line played pretty dang well in the K-State game and also good in the WSU game (besides the penalties). Texas gave them some troubles, and the Drake game was almost impossible for anybody to do anything.

I've been told bad weather is no excuse for bad QB play.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
I know you're trolling, but the offensive line did make it tougher on Purdy. In the Texas game, they were letting everyone run freely to get to him, the Drake game was an outlier but they still played terrible and couldn't move anyone (could be for a lot of reasons), and then the WSU game they were incredibly undisciplined.

LOL! Your criticism sure softened over the span of a couple hours.

Thats like me saying, the Iowa OL was the best OL in the B1G last season except for the whole run blocking part.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I've been told bad weather isn't an excuse for bad QB play.
Purdy had 153 yards and 1 TD/ 0 interceptions in a game where he was wearing two lineman gloves because the conditions were so bad. 68% completion rate. He himself didn't play bad.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
LOL! Your criticism sure softened over the span of a couple hours.

Thats like me saying, the Iowa OL was the best OL in the B1G last season except for the whole run blocking part.
If you knew what you were talking about you'd know that Montgomery ran for 124 yards and Purdy threw for 315. They were undisciplined in the fact that they had 7 false starts which is unbearable.

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
If you knew what you were talking about you'd know that Montgomery ran for 124 yards and Purdy threw for 315. They were undisciplined in the fact that they had 7 false starts which is unbearable.

And Iowa was the best OL in the B1G last season not including run blocking.

• Funny
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And Iowa was the best OL in the B1G last season not including run blocking.
Could've been. I know Iowa usually has some of the best O-Lineman so I'm not going to argue that if you believe it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I do. Watched some of it. Just saying that many here don't think bad weather is an excuse for bad QB play.
That's bad QB play? Lol dang you must have a cow every other weekend with your current situation at QB.

In the first game of the year last year against Northern Illinois, Stanley was 11-23 (47.3%), 108 yards, 1TD / 1 INT. Don't think there was bad weather in that game either.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I do. Watched some of it. Just saying that many here don't think bad weather is an excuse for bad QB play.
The thing is that it was bad play all around. That field was trashed during warmups. I had a sideline pass for that game, and after the game, I walked across the field just to see what it was like out there, and literally had to watch where I was stepping so I wouldn't sprain an ankle or something.

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
That's bad QB play? Lol dang you must have a cow every other weekend with your current situation at QB.

In the first game of the year last year against Northern Illinois, Stanley was 11-23 (47.3%), 108 yards, 1TD / 1 INT. Don't think there was bad weather in that game either.

Northern Ill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drake

You're better than this.

• Optimistic
Reactions: IASTATE07

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The thing is that it was bad play all around. That field was trashed during warmups. I had a sideline pass for that game, and after the game, I walked across the field just to see what it was like out there, and literally had to watch where I was stepping so I wouldn't sprain an ankle or something.
It's not like it was just raining or that the ground was a bit slippery or that it was windy. It was an absolute s*** show. It was like an ice rink but with mud.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

The weather was awful and the field was a mudpit.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron