All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Northern Ill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drake

You're better than this.
I understand they're better than that, that's why Purdy had better stats in a game where he couldn't grip a football and wore lineman gloves compared to Stanley having a perfect night to play football in and couldn't even complete 50% of his passes.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I would be scrambling for excuses too if a QB that has been pretty much proclaimed as the second coming by this board was outplayed by a non-scholarship QB from the Pioneer League.
And that QB is rated higher in every single poll than Stanley lol..

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I understand they're better than that, that's why Purdy had better stats in a game where he couldn't grip a football and wore lineman gloves compared to Stanley having a perfect night to play football in and couldn't even complete 50% of his passes.

He basically played an intramural team. And weather isn't an excuse. From what I've been told.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He basically played an intramural team. And weather isn't an excuse. From what I've been told.
And he threw for more yards than Stanley did in 3 games last year? Like are you honestly saying that he should've put up more yards in a game where you couldn't throw the ball? Not that the ball get's hung up in the air because of wind, but because you physically cannot grip it?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So you're going with what you've been told by a guy you've got blocked?

To be clear I do think bad weather plays a factor, throwing into 40-50 mph winds is crazy. There were several here who didn't think it was an excuse though. I know it couldn't have been just because it was a hok QB.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And Iowa is ranked higher in the AP and Sagarin polls. LOL!

You have the higher ranked QB, I will gladly take the better team.
Hey that's fine! I agree that Iowa should be ranked higher than Iowa State to start off the year.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
And he threw for more yards than Stanley did in 3 games last year? Like are you honestly saying that he should've put up more yards in a game where you couldn't throw the ball? Not that the ball get's hung up in the air because of wind, but because you physically cannot grip it?

No. That's what some of your fellow ISU fans are saying.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
To be clear I do think bad weather plays a factor, throwing into 40-50 mph winds is crazy. There were several here who didn't think it was an excuse though. I know it couldn't have been just because it was a hok QB.
I played QB in high school when it was windy and when it was muddy and slippery. It's the worst thing in the world and for everyone who thinks it's not an excuse, they probably have no realization how hard it is to do in any type of poor condition.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
That's bad QB play? Lol dang you must have a cow every other weekend with your current situation at QB.

In the first game of the year last year against Northern Illinois, Stanley was 11-23 (47.3%), 108 yards, 1TD / 1 INT. Don't think there was bad weather in that game either.

Didn’t Purdy get benched briefly against Drake? I’m not saying he did or didn’t play poorly, but getting benched tends to indicate poor play.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07 and JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
There were several here who didn't think it was an excuse though. I know it couldn't have been just because it was a hok QB.
I feel the same thing was said by ISU fans after Iowa played BC on ice in the bowl game too.
No. That's what some of your fellow ISU fans are saying.
You guys should be better than being concerned about what "some" fans are saying.
I've asked both of you questions that you've ignored (for a reason I'm assuming):
Who is reporting Iowa's demise?
Who is saying that?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Didn’t Purdy get benched briefly against Drake? I’m not saying he did or didn’t play poorly, but getting benched tends to indicate poor play.
There were a few series where Purdy couldn't get a grip of the ball, could've been a mental thing. They threw kempt in there and noticed that he couldn't either so they just went back to Purdy and he figured things out (to an extent).