Iowa Football Recruiting

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I've never understood this.. I get if you come on here and want to have honest discussions and talk a little smack (which only a few Hawk posters do), but what is the point of coming onto a rival's message board purely to get a rise out of people and then later on get banned? Is there a personal satisfaction, are they dying from boredom at work?

Talking smack is just part of being a sports fan.

It’s not just that they get banned. It’s that they re register over and over again to do it.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I've never understood this.. I get if you come on here and want to have honest discussions and talk a little smack (which only a few Hawk posters do), but what is the point of coming onto a rival's message board purely to get a rise out of people and then later on get banned? Is there a personal satisfaction, are they dying from boredom at work?

I work for a company from home, so I get on here just so I can break up all my damn emails. Just booked a trip to St. Louis. Took all but 5 minutes airline, hotel and rental car. So a lot of time to respond to trolls on here.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I work for a company from home, so I get on here just so I can break up all my damn emails. Just booked a trip to St. Louis. Took all but 5 minutes airline, hotel and rental car. So a lot of time to respond to trolls on here.
Oh I'm not judging anyone for being on here whether they're at work or not at work, it's the content that you post. Fun debates and jabs are what make sports and rivalries awesome but the constant trolling is incredibly dumb.

• Agree
Reactions: ameslurker

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And I wasn't saying you as in you personally I was making a general statement

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
To get this back on topic. Where do you see each class finishing in the rankings.

Right now Iowa is at #24 with 22 commits and an average ranking of 85.98. According to last year's data, that would put them anywhere from #35-45.

ISU is at #33 with 20 commits and an average ranking of 85.17. That would put them anywhere between #45-55 most likely.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It would be nice if someone could put together a spreadsheet with hok trolls and their previous names. It would then be easier to determine who is the champion loser.

And if the staff could ban them by real name, especially the ones that have usernames that depict ISU players as criminals. That's the type of person that only has awful intent.

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
To get this back on topic. Where do you see each class finishing in the rankings.

Right now Iowa is at #24 with 22 commits and an average ranking of 85.98. According to last year's data, that would put them anywhere from #35-45.

ISU is at #33 with 20 commits and an average ranking of 85.17. That would put them anywhere between #45-55 most likely.
I think both teams get a few bumps in the rankings and finish slightly higher than last year's data suggests.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Do to get this back on topic. Where do you see each class finishing in the rankings.

I don't follow recruiting much in depth but I actually like those numbers for ISU but staying in the mid-40s is good. Would be great if it got higher but so far imo ISU's staff has seemed to maximize players' potential which is a really fun thing to watch.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Iowa and Iowa State will be separated by 10 spots or less.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You don't find it VERY weird to post about other peoples' children on a college message board @JP4CY ?
Pretty pathetic you are trying to bait like that when I can see what thread you are reading.
To try and troll using my dead child is pretty bad taste.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Pretty pathetic you are trying to bait like that when I can see what thread you are reading.
I thought he was talking to Cat Stevens.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think both teams get a few bumps in the rankings and finish slightly higher than last year's data suggests.

Those bumps kind of get blended out by other teams getting bumps. Last years numbers will be pretty darn accurate. I'm guessing Iowa will be between 35-40 and Iowa State will be between 40-45.

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
WTF are you talking about? I had zero clue you had a child that passed away. That's why it's weird to even bring up personal lives on a college message board.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
No he was looking at the U of Iowa hospital thread and trying to leverage my posts from that into his trolling here against Cat.
Cat was making reference to Jeff's kids. That is how I read it. You are probably right. I just finished reading the other thread and I didn't process it that way. I understand you may see it different. I also would like to say that I cant fathom the rage you have right now. Trolling on deceased children is reprehensible. Cytv should get a timeout just for that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
WTF are you talking about? I had zero clue you had a child that passed away. That's why it's weird to even bring up personal lives on a college message board.
Then why randomly insert my name into asking a question?
Also, I clicked your name and it said you were reading that thread, and that's why you posted it. You didn't ask any other people that question did you.

You posted that in really poor taste and have earned my first ever block.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

Pretty much that. Iowa right in the area of 38-45. ISU probably 42-52

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Cat was making reference to Jeff's kids. That is how I read it. You are probably right. I just finished reading the other thread and I didn't process it that way. I understand you may see it different. I also would like to say that I cant fathom the rage you have right now. Trolling on deceased children is reprehensible. Cytv should get a timeout just for that.
Yep, Johnny's status was showing as viewing that thread. Doesn't take much to connect those dots.
Anyway, he gone. This thread has enough diversions and I'm not giving him any more attention.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Those bumps kind of get blended out by other teams getting bumps. Last years numbers will be pretty darn accurate. I'm guessing Iowa will be between 35-40 and Iowa State will be between 40-45.

I'm thinking Iowa will be 35-40 and ISU 45-50.

Help Support Us

Become a patron