FB Season Tix Update from Pollard

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
For those with young kids, what's the best way to get my 2 year old in the games? According to the ticket site, 2 years old and over need a ticket.
If I sign up for the Jr Cyclone Club, can he sit on our laps without a full price ticket?
Or do I need to purchase a cheap ticket for the games we take him?

The wife and I are considering getting season tickets and we'd like to take our son to a couple games, but definitely not all of them.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
For those with young kids, what's the best way to get my 2 year old in the games? According to the ticket site, 2 years old and over need a ticket.
If I sign up for the Jr Cyclone Club, can he sit on our laps without a full price ticket?

The wife and I are considering getting season tickets and we'd like to take our son to a couple games, but definitely not all of them.
Jr Cyclone Club for the child and the parent tickets at $150 each. A two year old is too active to be willing to sit in the stands for a whole game.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
What is the best way to buy a single game ticket? I might be heading up yonder in November and haven't been to a game since 1994... I would like to sit somewhere where I can see the game pretty well but price is a concern.
People often sell single game tickets on here; you avoid the fees that way. Otherwise you can always find people selling tickets tailgating.

Reactions: demoncore1031

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
What is the best way to buy a single game ticket? I might be heading up yonder in November and haven't been to a game since 1994... I would like to sit somewhere where I can see the game pretty well but price is a concern.

What game are you thinking about coming up for? Generally its easy to get one ticket late in the season. Many here will give you a ticket depending on the opponent.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

We took my granddaughter with us to the Iowa game two years ago, she sat on our laps, her mom and her might have made it into the 2nd quarter and then she was ready to go. She was 3 at the time. We did not purchase an extra ticket for her, we have four seats and had 5 people in them. Four of us setting and the Grand daughter on someone's lap.

Reactions: ISUalways and DSMCy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It’s still a lot cheaper. Especially if you don’t mind missing the first five minutes or so when scalpers are just dumping them.

I've heard this advice many times, but I don't remember hearing anyone report actually doing it. Does it work at Jack Trice Stadium?

Also, it seems like you are more likely to get a bargain deal from somebody whose friends didn't show up and they are happy to get beer money.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

We have people in our group that try to bring older kids into our section with Jr. Cyclone Club tickets. I tell them it is fine as long as they stay on your lap and don't kick the people in front of you. Otherwise, they must go to the hillsides.

It is one thing to do it on a bad weather day when the crowd is thinner, but a totally different thing on a big game with nice weather. Don't damage the experience for others. If you can hold a kid without the people in front of you knowing, then you are okay. Otherwise, use the hillsides.

Pro tip. If you are a couple, you may want to switch off letting "Junior" sit with you. The other can stand somewhere nearby. If you have two "Juniors," you can alternate with one child and one parent on the hillsides while another parent and child are in the seats.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana

It is pretty funny that people think this is your first try at taking a two year old out in public. I'm sure you know what your are signing up for in taking him to the game. Since he is just two, I would be tempted to pass him off as under two. You could also just scalp or purchase a single for that given game. The added benefit to having a single is that you could always move to the single after the first quarter.

• Winner
Reactions: Cydkar and DSMCy

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
It is pretty funny that people think this is your first try at taking a two year old out in public. I'm sure you know what your are signing up for in taking him to the game. Since he is just two, I would be tempted to pass him off as under two. You could also just scalp or purchase a single for that given game. The added benefit to having a single is that you could always move to the single after the first quarter.

Yes thank you for providing some information, rather than parenting advice. :)

I'm definitely not taking him to the UNI, Iowa, OK State, Texas, etc games. If we end up taking him at all, it would be to Louisiana Monroe. If we have to leave at halftime, shouldn't be a big deal.
Which is also why I don't want to spend much to get him into potentially only 1 game.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Yes thank you for providing some information, rather than parenting advice. :)

It’s more of a gentle reminder that not everyone will enjoy a two year old at a game. Just like there are some that need to be reminded that having a drink/drinks is okay but not everyone wants to smell like alcohol (or worse) after sitting next to you

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
What game are you thinking about coming up for? Generally its easy to get one ticket late in the season. Many here will give you a ticket depending on the opponent.
I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it up there just yet. Gotta figure out my vacation days and if I can afford the trip. I would love to make it to any game though. I guess a road game closer to here could be an option as well. My brother lives in Oklahoma so I might have to go see ISU pull off that upset.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it up there just yet. Gotta figure out my vacation days and if I can afford the trip. I would love to make it to any game though. I guess a road game closer to here could be an option as well. My brother lives in Oklahoma so I might have to go see ISU pull off that upset.
I would think the Nov 23 game against Kansas would have plenty of cheap tickets available

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I've heard this advice many times, but I don't remember hearing anyone report actually doing it. Does it work at Jack Trice Stadium?

Also, it seems like you are more likely to get a bargain deal from somebody whose friends didn't show up and they are happy to get beer money.

My dad has sat between the 40's for cheap a bunch of times by doing this.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
My dad has sat between the 40's for cheap a bunch of times by doing this.

Past experience is that a lower 40-50 yard seat for the first game is usually scalped for $100. The Iowa game is obviously more, and by game three the price steadily drops. Not sure what the bottom is for past Nov. games.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Does anyone know when they will begin to sell single game seats? I have a group looking to come for a game and have had season tix so long I cant remember the single game process/timeline.