2019-20 Season: What Players Big 12 Teams Are Losing, Returning, And Adding

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Oklahoma has a player transferring.

Hannes Polla-6’11 So C-Transferred after the 2nd semester of the 2018-19 school year , 1.1 ppg in 16 games

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Wow, how many transfers is that in the last 12 months?

6 since December. McWilliam in Dec. Fisher, Alok, and Archie in Jan. Davis in June. Mayen in July. Also Noi left early to go pro in Australia.

Something is definitely going on with this program behind closed doors.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
This is going to turn out to be one of Kansas' best recruiting classes. This kid, McBride and Braun in the backcourt for 3+ years together with 6'8 wings Wilson and Enaruna?

What an awesome signing for KU. He was amazing at Peach Jam last week. Severely underranked.

dshindy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2014
Johnston
This is going to turn out to be one of Kansas' best recruiting classes. This kid, McBride and Braun in the backcourt for 3+ years together with 6'8 wings Wilson and Enaruna?

What an awesome signing for KU. He was amazing at Peach Jam last week. Severely underranked.

Not saying you will be wrong but considering how much more frequent it is to see players transfer or leave early to play professional I'd be hesitant to expect to see 3+ years of any group.

Speaking for myself but I didn't expect half our freshman recruiting class from last year to be gone after next year but that is looking more and more likely. (Which, for the record, I think is a very good thing.)

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames

I have this feeling that if ISU had those 3 guards coming in, you’d say it’s nothing special and isn’t going to win ISU many games because other schools in the conference would be landing higher rated guys.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Not saying you will be wrong but considering how much more frequent it is to see players transfer or leave early to play professional I'd be hesitant to expect to see 3+ years of any group.

Speaking for myself but I didn't expect half our freshman recruiting class from last year to be gone after next year but that is looking more and more likely. (Which, for the record, I think is a very good thing.)
You're probably right that the odds of all 3 of them still being at Kansas for their senior season are low. But I am still excited about the possibility because, honestly, it's July and any news involving hoops is exciting to me.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I have this feeling that if ISU had those 3 guards coming in, you’d say it’s nothing special and isn’t going to win ISU many games because other schools in the conference would be landing higher rated guys.
Maybe. Who knows.
I would probably day the same thing about other KU recruits ranked that low as well. I just happen to have seen a lot more of Braun than I typically do with guys ranked that low and what I saw out of Harris against elite recruits at Peach Jam has me optimistic about their potential.

I dont know much about McBride. He's the one that I would be most surprised about if he lasts at KU. Harris and McBride will get a chance to audition for the starting PG spot that will be vacated by Dotson after next season. We'll see if they can win it or if Self feels the need to grab one more elite PG recruit in '20 and pencil Harris or McBride in as juniors or seniors.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Maybe. Who knows.
I would probably day the same thing about other KU recruits ranked that low as well. I just happen to have seen a lot more of Braun than I typically do with guys ranked that low and what I saw out of Harris against elite recruits at Peach Jam has me optimistic about their potential.

I dont know much about McBride. He's the one that I would be most surprised about if he lasts at KU. Harris and McBride will get a chance to audition for the starting PG spot that will be vacated by Dotson after next season. We'll see if they can win it or if Self feels the need to grab one more elite PG recruit in '20 and pencil Harris or McBride in as juniors or seniors.
It’s a good class, no doubt.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Good for Jones.

@JonRothstein Texas guard Andrew Jones has been fully cleared for all basketball related activities, per Shaka Smart. Only appeared in two games last season as he recovered from leukemia.

Reactions: Doc and nallen34