Cy Hawk Rivalry

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I have always wondered why it is isu fans are so annoyed by ANF. Was there something that prevented isu from doing this before Hayden came up with it? Or was it the success of it?
Where did I say I was annoyed with ANF? I said its dumb for some fans to make fun of an ag school then slap an ag sticker on your helmets or wear a t shirt with that logo.

Why are you afraid to admit your old usernames?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I understand all of this. I still think its limited to a small portion of the Iowa fan base.

I'd say any small portion would be the general small amount of fans I've met that aren't belligerent about their 'superiority' and it's really weird how strong of a trend that is.

I have one friend that sees the B12 as a tough conference but that's also possibly the only B1G fan that I know that watches teams and games outside of the B1G.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I have always wondered why it is isu fans are so annoyed by ANF. Was there something that prevented isu from doing this before Hayden came up with it? Or was it the success of it?

I actually don't care for having ANF on the helmet where its at. I don't mind it on the back of the helmet.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What's 'successful' about ANF?

The annoyance is around Hawk fans wearing it around, but putting down ISU for having an ag program, in a state has a ton of agriculture.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I understand all of this. I still think its limited to a small portion of the Iowa fan base.

I have to call BS on that one, look its a rivalry game, most of your fans hate us, most of our fans hate you. Nothing more, nothing less. But can you at least be educated about it.

Favorite myths on the Iowa boards.

The game is ISU's super bowl, they would be happy going 1-11 if that one win is against Iowa.
ISU would be broke if the series ever goes away.
JP is going to bankrupt ISU and the state will have to make up the difference.
Cael left because he could not stand Pollard.
The Mayor left for the same reason.
Pollard was the one that dropped the baseball program.
Every kid in the state grows up wanting to play for Iowa.
Ames is a garbage dump of a town, and is nothing like the great Iowa City.
ISU is a rouge program and the athletes admitted there would never get in at Iowa.

Enough or do you want me to add more?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don’t know if he is or not. Isu fans were sure Chizik and Rhoads were going to over take Iowa and they didn’t. CMC hasn’t either. So far he has delivered back to back 8-5 seasons. We will just have to wait and see.

The fact you don't know if Matt Campbell is a better coach than Paul Rhoads explains a lot about your intelligence

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: SCyclone and JP4CY

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
ISU's success this season hinges entirely on the performance of the OL, and Purdy's health IMO. If the OL is improved, and Purdy stays healthy, I think this season could be REALLY special.

I love Purdy's scrambling ability, and he needs to continue to do that, but he needs to be smart and not take hits like he did at times last year. There were several times last year where he was very slow to get up from taking big hits. If he goes down, I fear the drop off from him to whoever is 2nd string at the time will be pretty big.

Quality post. For Iowa, they have to run the ball better. As has been hashed over time and again, Iowa hasn’t been able to execute the zone blocking stretch play consistently, and seem to get behind the chains. Can’t do that this year. Their backs are solid, but not exceptional. Need a big play back.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I'm not sure how much **** measuring can continue to go on. The play on the field will speak for itself.

Walmartthieves

Jun 24, 2019
I have to call BS on that one, look its a rivalry game, most of your fans hate us, most of our fans hate you. Nothing more, nothing less. But can you at least be educated about it.

The game is ISU's super bowl, they would be happy going 1-11 if that one win is against Iowa.
ISU is a rouge program and the athletes admitted there would never get in at Iowa.

We will find out if it is isu’s Super Bowl the next time you beat Iowa in ames. Will your fans rush the field like they won the Super Bowl? If they don’t then it is just another win.

Kind of like how it has been in Iowa City the last couple of times isu came to town.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Quality post. For Iowa, they have to run the ball better. As has been hashed over time and again, Iowa hasn’t been able to execute the zone blocking stretch play consistently, and seem to get behind the chains. Can’t do that this year. Their backs are solid, but not exceptional. Need a big play back.

Not trolling but I think Eno last year wins you 1-2 more games. Your RBs from the games I watched didn't seem to have the skills to fit that scheme

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone.TV

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

To me it seems like even if Iowa's not running the ball they still make it a point to have it be a threat and make the opponent have to play to it or they'll get burned over the top.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We will find out if it is isu’s Super Bowl the next time you beat Iowa in ames. Will your fans rush the field like they won the Super Bowl? If they don’t then it is just another win.

Kind of like how it has been in Iowa City the last couple of times isu came to town.

ISU has rushed the field for way better teams than Iowa.

But if that happens, you'll be on here with like all 14 of your usernames just havin' a day.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Raising awareness was all it was supposed to do. Like almost all marketing campaigns.

So what was the success that you're talking about?

And why do Iowa fans rip on ISU for being known for its ag program?

'Ames is surrounded by cornfields!'

Yep, just like every single town in Iowa.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The ultimate goal was to attract the stressed unaffiliated farmers in the state to Iowa athletics. It was wildly successful toward that end.

Yep....so basically it helped make money for people that aren't farmers.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010

You should title this post "myths in the Cyclone mind". Can you find a few Iowa fans that believe a few of those things? Yes. But the average Iowa fan respects ISU and ISU fans. I work with dozens of Clone fans and we get along very well.

And as far as irrational hate, you post on a message board tha has a **** Iowa thread every year

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
You should title this post "myths in the Cyclone mind". Can you find a few Iowa fans that believe a few of those things? Yes. But the average Iowa fan respects ISU and ISU fans. I work with dozens of Clone fans and we get along very well.

And as far as irrational hate, you post on a message board tha has a **** Iowa thread every year

I have read everyone of those repeatedly stated like gospel on Iowa boards.
I get along fine with many Iowa fan coworkers, but for some reason that is one on one, when they get together in a group, then many become total douche Iowa fans. We are great, you suck, types of people. Hell, you are an Iowa fan, I suspect you know a lot of them.