Boomers cant afford they houses. boo hoo

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Soul sucking job. Even a heartless bastard like me eventually got to the point where the money wasn’t worth it.

Eh, I never fault a man (or woman) for getting himself (herself) paid. If the customers thought it was a bad deal, then they're free not to sign on the line which is dotted.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Soul sucking job. Even a heartless bastard like me eventually got to the point where the money wasn’t worth it.

Everyone needs a little predatory lending experience.

Been there. My favorite product was a stated income, stated home value loan that could take a SIXTH lien position

Highly competitive interest rate and whatnot. Making dreams come true

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Everyone needs a little predatory lending experience.

Been there. My favorite product was a stated income, stated home value loan that could take a SIXTH lien position

Highly competitive interest rate and whatnot. Making dreams come true

I remember when viaticals were a big thing...

As long as there is someone with a pen, there is someone trying to get them to use that pen to sign something.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I honestly think as AI advances, the psych/sociology degrees will become more valuable. Much of the "how to build" will be taken over and we'll need stronger understanding of the why's. Take the 2016 election. I'm not going cavey here so stay with me - but look how much time and effort was put into swaying people's opinions and actions via Fake News and targeted advertisements. With great reward to be had. To me, that makes the people who can tell you how to motivate, persuade, and understand the actions of a group of people pretty valuable.

I work with several engineers and they are smart... in engineering. Most of them aren't very good at selling their designs, explaining processes to non-engineers, and using empathetic langauge to work with others. The ones who have those skills are the boss.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I work with several engineers and they are smart... in engineering. Most of them aren't very good at selling their designs, explaining processes to non-engineers, and using empathetic langauge to work with others. The ones who have those skills are the boss.

Somebody has to deal with the customers so that the engineers don't have to! Somebody with people skills!
27g72y.jpg

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I used to do the financial audit for a payday lender in Des Moines. Made me sick to my stomach looking through his records and the rates he was charging people.
Those places charge about 17% or so correct?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Just for fun I went and looked at assessed and current market values from my old starter home in Ankeny. The current market value is $180,000 and this is for a 970 square foot home! The current owner has picked up $43,000 in equity for a freakin starter home in less than 7 years, don't try to tell me this is n't going to be a problem.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

Spouse is an engineer and likes what he does but has ZERO desire to go into management - people or project wise. He prefers acting as a team lead or technical expert. Works well for him but obviously then you need other people who do want those roles that rely on the soft skills.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Just for fun I went and looked at assessed and current market values from my old starter home in Ankeny. The current market value is $180,000 and this is for a 970 square foot home! The current owner has picked up $43,000 in equity for a freakin starter home in less than 7 years, don't try to tell me this is n't going to be a problem.
Oh it will be and already has started to be. The crazy part is the land though right now, when I'm trying to decide where my next spec home is going to be with a lot almost every time I now say you want what? You think its worth that right now? Lumber prices are down but it doesn't offset 85000-100000k lots if you want to fit into some new developments even at a fair price.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I used to do the financial audit for a payday lender in Des Moines. Made me sick to my stomach looking through his records and the rates he was charging people.

We were getting 30% on signature loans. Revolving mortgages could get up to 10 points up front and charge 15% interest when the typical rate was around 6 1/2 ish

Lots of smoke and mirrors. But if you can sell those products.....you'll have some stories to tell.

Sold the accidental death and disability coverage to a couple. They called me a week later and told me the consolidation plan I put together saved their marriage.

He had a heart attack. The coverage was denied.....because the wife was overweight. That's when it was time for me to move on.