Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
What a disappointing career he has had. Immensely talented. Anyone who saw him play at West would tell you he has enough talent to come in here (Iowa St) and compete or even start right away.

He hasn't had much of a career at all. He's played all of one season, with at least two more to go.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Solid logic, who has MIchigan recruited better than ISU? Not Butler, not Montgomery, not Purdy, not Brece Hall. Do I need to go on? We are doing fine.

You cant be this dense? Let me put it another way, why do you think guys like him, Darboh, Harrison Barnes, Marcus Paige didnt go to Iowa or Iowa State? Its not a hard answer, but some of you guys will be too dumb to figure it out.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You cant be this dense? Let me put it another way, why do you think guys like him, Darboh, Harrison Barnes, Marcus Paige didnt go to Iowa or Iowa State? Its not a hard answer, but some of you guys will be too dumb to figure it out.

We didn't offer Martin and why would any good WR go to Iowa?

• Funny
Reactions: NoCreativity

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
tenor.gif

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Lmao, gee I wonder why Campbell didnt offer him in 2017???? Go look at his original offer list, you think Iowa State is competing with that coming off multiple 3 win seasons?

Do not say that around here, the past 2 years is the only history that counts.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Last class we got Darien Porter who was in Iowa's backyard. I think he is going to be an absolute stud, did Iowa offer?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Just for some modern talk on here regarding NFL caliber players and receiving yards (Iowa's offense is NFL style in regards to TE utilization)
4 TE were in the top 25 for receiving yards in the NFL in 2018, No RBs made the top 25.

So saying that our number 4/5 options will return and are comparable to your number 4 WR that is a potential NFL player, according to cyclonenation, is not dumb, or stupid, it is just the facts. Now you do have your other top 2 and 3 returning, but they were not up to Butler's level in terms of production at that spot.

So, Oliver Martin will be someone that can push for making that unit better, I get it ISU did not want him, because they had not shot at him in terms of him being from Iowa City anyway.

IMO, ISU returns more production at the WR spot, but I am not seeing that huge talent gap that there was even 2-3 years ago at WR. I think Iowa is still behind ISU, but ISU lost their 2 all time best WRs the last 2 years to graduation.

Heck, I think Iowa's TE will struggle a little this year due to the guys we lost, I am not in fantasy land thinking since we are a TE factory that we will still be an upper echelon unit there a year after we lost that talent.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World

ISU cant pay for players like UNC and Michigan can. Derp.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Last class we got Darien Porter who was in Iowa's backyard. I think he is going to be an absolute stud, did Iowa offer?

So, Darien Porter is going to be an absolute stud, but Oliver Martin can not be even though he is regarded as being a better prospect? You see this is where Iowa fans do not get the logic behind the homer ISU thinking by some posters.

• Dumb
Reactions: Bigman38

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron