Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
A really simple answer is for you to leave and never come back you insecure moron

So you guys can just circle jerk about iowa and how you are superior, without any sort of base for that argument besides our wrs are better, even though they will be with your offensive style and conference philosophy. There is a reason isu recievers produce way better in college and tend to flame out in making the NFL or producing at that level. Same cannot be said for Iowa TE production and transitioning. It is because of the level of talent at the position. Iowa and ISU recievers do not do much in thr NFL because of that.

Having said that, i think Butler bucks that trend and has a solid career.

• Dumb
Reactions: Bigman38

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Porter is 6-4 and is an absolute burner. He definitely has more upside in Iowa States system than Martin would.

Yes i am sure he will, but that doesnt mean he will be a stud at the NFL level, it means he fits the system for an offensive philosophy.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
So you guys can just circle jerk about iowa and how you are superior, without any sort of base for that argument besides our wrs are better, even though they will be with your offensive style and conference philosophy. There is a reason isu recievers produce way better in college and tend to flame out in making the NFL or producing at that level. Same cannot be said for Iowa TE production and transitioning. It is because of the level of talent at the position. Iowa and ISU recievers do not do much in thr NFL because of that.

And what's the reasoning for Iowa's receivers flaming out after high school?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

There is so much stupid in this post.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

God I love the NFL transitive property... I just wish you understood how hypocritical it is to use it...You come over here and talk down at Iowa State fans because you are scared shi***** and know that the tide is turning. It absolutely burns tavern hawks like yourself that Iowa State isn't terrible and that history is just that...history. Just admit it, Iowa State has a respectable program and you are having a hard time with it.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yes i am sure he will, but that doesn't mean he will be a stud at the NFL level, it means he fits the system for an offensive philosophy.

Who gives a flying **** about the NFL. If NFL results matter Iowa should be an annual top 10 team.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

You may be more insecure than the fake grad student. Didn’t think that was possible.

You’re really stupid.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Is that a question or a statement?

Your post is all rambling. Somehow we got on the on the topic of how Iowa State's receivers don't make the NFL.
The only reason I started posting was because someone stated ISU had NFL talent at WR and would be fine with Bulter being gone and Iowa wont be because they lost two TEs to the NFL..... I simply do not see the NFL receivers for ISU for the 2020 draft. and if it is because of them being potential NFL players that is crazy, because Iowa has produced more NFL TEs that have been drafted than ISU has WRs.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
The only reason I started posting was because someone stated ISU had NFL talent at WR and would be fine with Bulter being gone and Iowa wont be because they lost two TEs to the NFL..... I simply do not see the NFL receivers for ISU for the 2020 draft. and if it is because of them being potential NFL players that is crazy, because Iowa has produced more NFL TEs that have been drafted than ISU has WRs.

More rambling.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lmao, gee I wonder why Campbell didnt offer him in 2017???? Go look at his original offer list, you think Iowa State is competing with that coming off multiple 3 win seasons?

Wait you think Campbell didn't offer him because he was scared of the competition? You can't be serious

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Please go back and find the posts stating that Iowa State has NFL talent at WR.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Just for some modern talk on here regarding NFL caliber players and receiving yards (Iowa's offense is NFL style in regards to TE utilization)
4 TE were in the top 25 for receiving yards in the NFL in 2018, No RBs made the top 25.

So saying that our number 4/5 options will return and are comparable to your number 4 WR that is a potential NFL player, according to cyclonenation, is not dumb, or stupid, it is just the facts. Now you do have your other top 2 and 3 returning, but they were not up to Butler's level in terms of production at that spot.

So, Oliver Martin will be someone that can push for making that unit better, I get it ISU did not want him, because they had not shot at him in terms of him being from Iowa City anyway.

IMO, ISU returns more production at the WR spot, but I am not seeing that huge talent gap that there was even 2-3 years ago at WR. I think Iowa is still behind ISU, but ISU lost their 2 all time best WRs the last 2 years to graduation.

Heck, I think Iowa's TE will struggle a little this year due to the guys we lost, I am not in fantasy land thinking since we are a TE factory that we will still be an upper echelon unit there a year after we lost that talent.
While I see your point, I think you're forgetting to understand that the 2nd and 4th best production receivers that Iowa State has coming back were putting up better numbers than Iowa's 2nd and 3rd receivers. Also, the grad transfer that we got would have been the most productive receiver on Iowa's roster last year. Now that Hakeem is gone, production numbers should increase a bit more for those guys. Iowa's offense has and probably always will be about getting the tight ends into the game somehow. Iowa's receivers are not all of a sudden going to get a ton of production because that's not how they do things. Their tight ends will still be used more this year even though they are not going to be house known names.

• Agree
Reactions: Thinker