Fred getting killed on TWITTER

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Is there word on why he pushed him out? Was it just skill set vs. Fred's plan?

If it was behavioral it wasn't like Fred didn't take kids with character issues.
I think he is a good kid but went to a smaller school not far from where I live. Positive is he is almost 7 ft. Negatives: skinny, slow, can't shoot, can't handle the ball. Other than that, perfect for hoiball.

• Funny
Reactions: madguy30

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Is there word on why he pushed him out? Was it just skill set vs. Fred's plan?

If it was behavioral it wasn't like Fred didn't take kids with character issues.
Sounds like a good kid but not a good fit for what Hoiberg wants to do:

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-...cle_34ee8ff5-6c8c-5f80-b08d-6b1e93e80875.html

Heiman, a Platteview High School graduate, appeared in 30 games this season, averaging 8.5 minutes and 1.8 points per game. The 6-foot-11, 215-pound center shot 59.5% from the floor and 29.4% from the free-throw stripe and attempted one 3-point shot.

Hoiberg’s offense is heavily focused on 3-point shooting, particularly with big men. . . .

I saw they have two scholarships left to give, including this one, and in a different article, want to get a big B1G bruiser at center, that they need this for the B1G style of play (quoting Lutz I think on this).

Heiman, at 6-foot-11, 215 pounds, and maybe not a great 3-point shooter, is probably not what they want there.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You guys are looking at this all wrong. Basically all Fred did was say "hey, if you are worried about that accounting final don't worry about it because you probably wont be going to college here next year anyway. So mail that ***** in."

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Sounds like a good kid but not a good fit for what Hoiberg wants to do:

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-...cle_34ee8ff5-6c8c-5f80-b08d-6b1e93e80875.html

I saw they have two scholarships left to give, including this one, and in a different article, want to get a big B1G bruiser at center, that they need this for the B1G style of play (quoting Lutz I think on this).

Heiman, at 6-foot-11, 215 pounds, and maybe not a great 3-point shooter, is probably not what they want there.
But at least he hit over a quarter of his free throws. :)

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I doubt Hoiberg knew he was about the take a final. Its not like he would know the entire final's schedule of everyone on the team. He probably schedule end of year meetings with all the players during finals week before some of them leave for break and told him then.

Ummmmm. I know that the idea of college basketball being amateur is ridiculous. However, the players have a class schedule, and coaches, even ones that were just hired, know them.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
He has a squeaky clean class that has never ever been tarnished. Story is fake news.

TotalThoroughGelada.gif

Actually that was him doing his best and minimal impersonation of Bulls watching his teams play

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If kids were allowed to be eligible immediately there would be 5632 kids transfer every year and it would be a poop show. You think the Blue Bloods have a leg up now that rule would kill everyone else.

I think everything would be fine, the blue bloods can only have so many schlorships players anyway.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
  • Creative
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Was Jimmy Butler right about Fred Hoiberg?

I think he said a little bit more than "no" in that clip.

CyFanAZ

Jan 2, 2018
If kids were allowed to be eligible immediately there would be 5632 kids transfer every year and it would be a poop show. You think the Blue Bloods have a leg up now that rule would kill everyone else.

College basketball is already a poop show. Coaches can leave whenever they want even though they are under contract. Players should be able to do the same. I don't like it either, but it's just the way things are and is only being fair to players.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Hoiberg has a graduate transfer named Haanif Cheatham.

He's looking to sign two more named Dewey and Howe. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I can honestly say I had not thought about Hoiberg once since a couple of days after the press conference.

Maybe I am over it.

This board will always have the most posts about Fred and about the Hawks. The other "routine" sports stuff must not be interesting enough for some Cyclone fans.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron