MLB: ****General Discussion Thread - Baseball Season 2019****

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Does the league office review the K-Zone shots to evaluate how many missed calls each homeplate ump have? Keep the most blown call umps out of the post season, or better yet get rid of them?

As long as Angel Hernandez is still employeed by MLB, umps will continue to be an embarrassment. He has to be the worst official in all sports in the world. And I’m counting t-ball umps in that. Dude can’t wait to get the spotlight on him. Has an enormous ego and does everything he can to show up the players.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I'm going to keep from jumping to judgement too soon... I mean it's still March. But I'm afraid the NL east is locked up before it's even began. Hopefully things improve for Atlanta when we get Foltynewicz and Gausman back as well as a couple bullpen arms but if the Phillies don't win 100 games this year, I'll be shocked. We got smoked this weekend and it never even felt like we were in the games. The Philly lineup is impossible to navigate. McCutchen, Segura, Harper, Hoskins, Realmuto 1-5? Good luck. You'll need to score 5 or 6 runs to beat them most nights. Maybe the Nationals have the pitching to beat them. Be interesting to watch.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I can see the Yankees season starting to auger in with injuries already. Four field players from last fall's playoff team now on the DL with both Andujar and Stanton hitting the DL yesterday and today. ****, Andujar is likely done for the season Bad luck is starting to challenge Boxsters primary axiom of "stay healthy" for a good season to have a chance.

My reaction to Andujar news:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Harper launches one vs. his old team

I generally think Harper is overrated but don’t necessarily hate him. However, it was pretty fun to watch him hit that HR. After hearing the boos and then cheers when he struck out, that had to feel good to hit an absolute bomb against your old team.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
****. This is unbelievable. Now Troy Tulowitzkii goes down. DL could grow to ten. Yanks are going from division fav to wildcard probable. They are going to be so far in the hole by mid-May they will never catch the division.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I should be getting some sort or discount on my MLB TV team subscription for the Yankees since what I am getting is the Scranton Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. :rolleyes:

DL is now 10 from the major league roster.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Rockies are hot garbage this year. Was thinking about trips to Fenway and another trip to Wrigley, but not now.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Saw the Orioles had attendance of 6600 the other day. Heck they are at .500 not terrible but not good. Does it even pay to open the stadium for 6600 fans?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
When your team is done and it isn't even Easter. This is going to be a long brutal summer.

I am putting a fork in my Yankees too. Division is too strong for them to overcome this many injuries even if it is only April. Been a fan since Mantle and Maris were playing and I have never seen anything like this. Got their center fielder, left fielder, 3rd baseman, SS, catcher and ace pitcher all on the injured list and it isn't even Easter yet. Sanchez just went on today and he's likely the first one back. Don't think anyone else is really that close. Judge and Tanaka are the last men standing for "stars". The baseball god of injuries really is ******* with them.

Playing in the rain tonight so am assuming someone else will get hurt. o_O

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I am putting a fork in my Yankees too. Division is too strong for them to overcome this many injuries even if it is only April. Been a fan since Mantle and Maris were playing and I have never seen anything like this. Got their center fielder, left fielder, 3rd baseman, SS, catcher and ace pitcher all on the injured list and it isn't even Easter yet. Sanchez just went on today and he's likely the first one back. Don't think anyone else is really that close. Judge and Tanaka are the last men standing for "stars". The baseball god of injuries really is ******* with them.

Playing in the rain tonight so am assuming someone else will get hurt. o_O

Frustrating thing to see a lineup of solid ballplayers and it's like we have a lineup of Chris Davis's. Can't score if our life depended on it. At least you guys have an injury excuse.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Eloy Jimenez with his 1st 2 career HR's tonight.

I am glad they called the game, or at least stopped play. The Sox reliever could hardly grip the ball it was raining so hard and missed Aaron Judge's head by only a couple of inches with a fastball and it wasn't really even his fault.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'm so dumb watching my 3-10 Rockies play extra extra inning baseball in April. Game is in the 17th inning and in 4 hours I need to get up for work that is if I ever get to sleep.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I'm so dumb watching my 3-10 Rockies play extra extra inning baseball in April. Game is in the 17th inning and in 4 hours I need to get up for work that is if I ever get to sleep.
I fell asleep listening to it on my phone. When I woke up, phone was dead and I didn't check to see that the game wasn't even over with, so didn't discover the final score until just a few minutes ago this morning. An 18 inning game - not sure what it is about the Giants where they love those so much. They're not great for the fans. Looks your Rockies are off to an even rougher start than SF. Might be a long season for both of us. At least LA is on a 5-game skid!

• Friendly
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz