Bohannon...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Actually the NBA and NFL are forcing kids to go to school. It is an awful mandate.

Yes. That was my point. Looks like you are definitely quicker than TV. It’s the pros forcing not to go pro. Colleges aren’t. The play just has to be out of HS, they don’t have to go to college. Colleges shouldn’t be punished for pros decisions.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Yes. That was my point. Looks like you are definitely quicker than TV. It’s the pros forcing not to go pro. Colleges aren’t. The play just has to be out of HS, they don’t have to go to college. Colleges shouldn’t be punished for pros decisions.

You are trying to tell me that the NCAA doesn’t and hasn’t lobbied hard for this? It’s a perfect program for both. The NBA doesn’t have to recruit high schools across the country and lets the colleges do all that. In return, they don’t allow kids to enter right away. A perfect trade off - except for the kids.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Come on. So to satisfy the NFL requirement of being 20 a kid will graduate from high school and work on a construction site? Be realistic yet remain obtuse.

For the NFL it is necessary requirement. How many High school seniors are ready to go play in the NFL?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
He stole a *floor mat*. That's about a half step worse than sip-stealing at the fountain drink station, and on par with stealing towels from a hotel room.

You've got to remember context in these things...

- An Iowa student committed a crime stealing from Iowa's own team.

- Iowa's AD then blamed ISU and ISU students for his student's criminal activity and contacted the AD of every other Big 12 school spreading lies about ISU fans, student and faculty being thieves when the true criminal was an Iowa student.

After that ridiculous mess Iowa will never be on the right side of an argument when it comes to stealing things with ISU fans. From what I know ISU is still waiting for an apology for the false accusations.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You've got to remember context in these things...

- An Iowa student committed a crime stealing from Iowa's own team.

- Iowa's AD then blamed ISU and ISU students for his student's criminal activity and contacted the AD of every other Big 12 school spreading lies about ISU fans, student and faculty being thieves when the true criminal was an Iowa student.

After that ridiculous mess Iowa will never be on the right side of an argument when it comes to stealing things with ISU fans. From what I know ISU is still waiting for an apology for the false accusations.
The best part of this is after it happened it came out Iowa uses the same security company, when they were also thrown under the bus.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: mj4cy and HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The best part of this is after it happened it came out Iowa uses the same security company, when they were also thrown under the bus.

Iowa fans should just not comment on any discussion of stealing with ISU fans.

They handled their student criminal as poorly as they possibly could. At some point it became projection of the guilty.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
So to keep playing they are in fact forced to play college ball.

Because to physically play in the NFL they have to be bigger stronger and faster. The NFL doesn’t say go to college they just have an age requirement for the safety of young players. Football and basketball are entirely different sports when it comes to what it takes to play professionally.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Because to physically play in the NFL they have to be bigger stronger and faster. The NFL doesn’t say go to college they just have an age requirement for the safety of young players. Football and basketball are entirely different sports when it comes to what it takes to play professionally.
ok. My point remains they don't have other options.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016

Yup, so they let the NCAA do it on the cheap instead of setting up their own feeder system. The ncaa has that monopoly, so they basically make whatever rules they want.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
It's not a giant leap to assume the hawks would offer to pay athletes, then just renege on the agreement like they seem to do with all their financial obligations.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Jordan Bohannon complaining about the NCAA profiting off his likeness is pure gold. That kid's profile in life has been elevated by playing at Iowa more than he can ever realize.

Zion Williamson can complain about the NCAA profiting off him. J-Bo can't.

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
Jordan Bohannon complaining about the NCAA profiting off his likeness is pure gold. That kid's profile in life has been elevated by playing at Iowa more than he can ever realize.

Zion Williamson can complain about the NCAA profiting off him. J-Bo can't.
Its obviously a joke. You guys can't seriously be this worked up about it, right?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It's a free country, why shouldn't a high school player be allowed to go straight to the NBA, NFL, or whatever if there's a team that wants to pay them? I've never understood it.

Who cares if a HS kid isn't big enough yet for the NFL? The NBA drafts on potential, why not the NFL too? Why can't an NFL team draft a HS player and put him in their weight training program for a few years before playing them if they want?

I can go straight from HS to running my own business if I want, why can't a kid go pro in anything if there's someone willing to pay them?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's a free country, why shouldn't a high school player be allowed to go straight to the NBA, NFL, or whatever if there's a team that wants to pay them? I've never understood it.

Who cares if a HS kid isn't big enough yet for the NFL? The NBA drafts on potential, why not the NFL too? Why can't an NFL team draft a HS player and put him in their weight training program for a few years before playing them if they want?

I can go straight from HS to running my own business if I want, why can't a kid go pro in anything if there's someone willing to pay them?
There is no players union negotiating on your business opportunities.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cycloneman24

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Yup, so they let the NCAA do it on the cheap instead of setting up their own feeder system. The ncaa has that monopoly, so they basically make whatever rules they want.

I’d say the kids getting a college degree instead of going to a NFL farm system is worth something. How many of those kids don’t make it and then what are their options ? Not saying the college stars shouldn’t be able to profit off their success, but a college education and degree fully paid for is worth a lot.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
One school official gave me his thoughts on paying Athletes in a humorous logic:

1) Would there be a pay scale where 1 star recruits were worth less and thus paid less than a 4 ****? If not why? Would there be performance guarantees?

2) Would Free Market rules apply where well endowed schools could pay better?

3) Would the school set the pay scale or would there be National scale? If schools couldn't compete dollar wise could stars transfer to better paying schools?

After a few drinks I don't think he was serious or was he?