Bohannon...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
He's got a point, though. Players should absolutely be able to profit off of their own names and likenesses. If Hy-Vee wants to pay David Montgomery or Megan Gustafson $500 to spend an hour signing autographs in one of their stores, the athlete should be able to accept that. I don't think more than the truly elite players harbor hopes of landing shoe deals and what not while in school. But they could easily make good money with endorsements and the like.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He's got a point, though. Players should absolutely be able to profit off of their own names and likenesses. If Hy-Vee wants to pay David Montgomery or Megan Gustafson $500 to spend an hour signing autographs in one of their stores, the athlete should be able to accept that. I don't think more than the truly elite players harbor hopes of landing shoe deals and what not while in school. But they could easily make good money with endorsements and the like.

So that makes it right to steal stuff?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He stole a *floor mat*. That's about a half step worse than sip-stealing at the fountain drink station, and on par with stealing towels from a hotel room.

More like a pillow or towel from a hotel, which will charge you if you do. Not saying it’s much, but a dumb way to make a point.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Bohannon is lucky to even have a scholarship to play at a big school. If a big named player did this, I'd understand, but Bohannon is a nobody in college basketball. He's also a douche.

Kid is basically getting nearly 100k in benefits to play basketball and get tutelage from the almighty mad Fran.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Floor mat is ok, but the March Madness bench towels are sweet. Do the players get to keep them?

By the way welcome back @tm3308 still working for the Iowa AD doing photos? ( I thought thats what you were doing last while going back yo school)

Reactions: tm3308

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Who makes more money off their name? JorBo or Zion Williamson? Pick em.

If you really believe that non-elite college athletes couldn't make money on the statewide/local levels, I don't know what to tell you. It's not just about multi-million-dollar shoe deals. It's about getting ruled ineligible because someone paid for your meal or gave you $20 for an autographed jersey.

Reactions: aobie and Cyientist

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Floor mat is ok, but the March Madness bench towels are sweet. Do the players get to keep them?

By the way welcome back @tm3308 still working for the Iowa AD doing photos? ( I thought thats what you were doing last while going back yo school)

I actually dropped out at semester to take a job with USA Today in Wisconsin. Much as I wish I were still covering Iowa athletics, I'm a lot happier to have a camera in my hands full time and no longer working at a call center to pay the bills.

Help Support Us

Become a patron