50 fastest growing craft breweries

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
Just because they are the fastest growing doesn't mean they have good beer!

Just my opinion

• Agree
Reactions: TykeClone

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
They have pretty good beer.

I’m a little worried that might change if they focus too hard on growth, but I generally enjoy their cans and love hitting their taproom.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
They have pretty good beer.

I’m a little worried that might change if they focus too hard on growth, but I generally enjoy their cans and love hitting their taproom.

I guess I haven't been impressed

• Friendly
Reactions: StClone

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Lake Time is definitely one of my favorites, and their beers all rank pretty high in the various beer apps. I've generally hated every peanut butter porter I've ever had, but theirs is really good.

• Agree
Reactions: GoodyISU1

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Lake Time is definitely one of my favorites, and their beers all rank pretty high in the various beer apps. I've generally hated every peanut butter porter I've ever had, but theirs is really good.

That's one of my favorites. Fresh "Haze of our Lives" is pretty tasty as well. Not a lot of local NE IPAs in 12oz format, so I appreciate that.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Clear Lake 4th of July Parade. Must grab a spot near the Brewery. Nothing like a cold beer at 8:30 am sitting some strangers yard.

Reactions: bawbie

Herkster

Feb 12, 2016
I guess I haven't been impressed

This. I've been to the brewery a few times, and never have been impressed with their offerings. Bought some of their cans as well from time to time, just doesn't do it for me.

Their Kviek IPA collab was pretty damn good. Haze of our Lives was pretty meh.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
This. I've been to the brewery a few times, and never have been impressed with their offerings. Bought some of their cans as well from time to time, just doesn't do it for me.

Their Kviek IPA collab was pretty damn good. Haze of our Lives was pretty meh.

Was it old? It falls off pretty hard after 3-4 months.

• Agree
Reactions: isu81

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Never heard of them before. Do they get their product down in the dsm area ?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I've only had two of their beers that I can recall - the peanut butter porter (which was excellent) and the summer wheat (just OK, nothing I'd go out of my way for). Good for them, though. Have they been around for a while now or are they still relatively new?

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've only had two of their beers that I can recall - the peanut butter porter (which was excellent) and the summer wheat (just OK, nothing I'd go out of my way for). Good for them, though. Have they been around for a while now or are they still relatively new?
Relatively new. He was brewing one batch at a time in his garage for the first couple years and just expanded to a new brewing facility in town last summer (with the canning machine, etc). They've brought on a second brewmaster and ramped up production a ton since then.

They are sold in Hy-Vees in the DM and CR areas, at least.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The PB porter is definitely my favorite of that style. I've had others that were anywhere from pretty good to not good at all, but that beer is consistently delicious. Their One Tough Cookie monster cookie stout was damn good as well.

I first visited the taproom in 2014 on RAGBRAI. I don't think they had been open long. 6 pack cans came out last year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Fastest growing can get twisted. If you started last year and just kinda tried to get things figured out and sold 20 cases and then the next year you ramped up and sold 1000 cases, you could say you exploded in growth. Then next year if you sold 3000 cases the percent increase wouldn't look as good as the 20 to 1000.

How some car dealers say they are the fastest growing in a region for a certain time period. If you are new and having any success, you are are going to show a large increase in sales.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Fastest growing can get twisted. If you started last year and just kinda tried to get things figured out and sold 20 cases and then the next year you ramped up and sold 1000 cases, you could say you exploded in growth. Then next year if you sold 3000 cases the percent increase wouldn't look as good as the 20 to 1000.

How some car dealers say they are the fastest growing in a region for a certain time period. If you are new and having any success, you are are going to show a large increase in sales.

When I was a pup, they gave trophies out for kids who scored really high on their Iowa Test of Basic Skills. The next year they gave trophies out for most improved. Since I did well both years, I didn't get a trophy. Meanwhile the dumbass next to me got a trophy for doing slightly less bad.

That was 30 years ago and I'm still a little angry about it :mad:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron